Xpert Eleven

The place to talk about off topic, non-Cardiacs related stuff and topics that do not belong in another forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Xpert Eleven

Postby Pet Lamb » Thu Dec 28, 2006 01:57

I don't know whether anyone on here is aware of Xpert Eleven, but it is an online football management game with the emphasis on coaching...

I am 'advertising' this because Fu (my hubby) has a few vacancies for managers for new teams on his league...and the new season is due to start in just over a fortnight... :D

Put it this way...I have been joined for only a few weeks and I am totally hooked...and I am equal first at the top of my league...!!!!! Yes, imagine it...a female who is good at football management...!!! Unheard of... :wink:

Here is the link:

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=83382

Then register to join...and just follow the instructions...

Please note this is by invitation only...so Fu has to accept the invitation from you (well...seeing as it is his league, it's only fair...!)...unfortunately it is called 'Into The Valley', but the b&stard just had to do that to annoy me...(not a Skids fan you see) :wink:

If you are thinking about naming your team 'Cardiacs' with their manager being Tim Smith, with a Jim Smith in the team...FORGET IT...I have been there before you...our strip has a lovely 'Toy Dolls' design on it... :D

Fu hopes to hear from you soon...! :D
Last edited by Pet Lamb on Thu Sep 27, 2007 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:29

don't know diddlysquat about soccer.

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Thu Dec 28, 2006 17:12

Oh and I meant to say in my last post...it is absolutely free unless you want to be a VIP member...and then it is only a few Euros... :D

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Thu Dec 28, 2006 17:13

Alternate BC wrote:don't know diddlysquat about soccer

Soccer's for puffs...this is football we are talking about... :roll:

Fu Manchu
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fu Manchu » Thu Dec 28, 2006 23:10

It's a free game and no danger of spam/annoying e-mails, plus you have the option of choosing players names for any potential signings, hence the reason Jim Smith is a stalwart centre-half in Pet Lamb's team.

I actually run five teams, including the one in my league and have Norman Watt-Roy and Wilko Johnson in my "own league" team. Also have various Dunfermline Athletic players, past and present, in other teams.

Asking for, and signing, "Blubbery Manbreasts" was a huge mistake though, as that team's morale slipped drastically, leading to quite a few defeats...I have turned that around though, as they have won their last three games, 5-0, 5-0 (again) and 6-1... :D

May I add that I hate computer games, but enjoy this one. It is about picking the right players and tactics, then letting the system play the game for you...

Will appeal to football fans (or sawker fans if you are from the USA)... :wink:

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:03

right i'll try and logg on and have a look-if i can pick me own team name-they will be called the Ady Randoms.(ady random is my nickname to some people i know)

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:18

I send my application to you.

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:22

soz-wouldn't let me use that name-i messed up the team name!i think you'll see me as swordfi... or something!-clicked the send button by mistake!

Meenie
A Dead Pest

Postby Meenie » Fri Dec 29, 2006 18:03

I am in a Fantasy Football league run by some friends,we actually have a live auction once a year in London and have proper leagues of ten people so its real competitive!
Its £30 to enter and their are cup competitions tghroughout the season.we are allways looking for new blood as people come and go but like Pet lamb says its super adictive so its well worth the money,i have actually only had one season where i didnt win any cash so i'm still in the black as far as cash goes and ive been doing it a few years now.
we use the fantasyleague site as a framework for pouints etc
go check it out at www.fantasyleague.com
Drop me a line if you want in for next season and i'll put your email on the circular.

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Fri Dec 29, 2006 19:26

Ady wrote:soz-wouldn't let me use that name-i messed up the team name!i think you'll see me as swordfi... or something!-clicked the send button by mistake!

No prob Ady...you can amend your team name... :D

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Fri Dec 29, 2006 19:28

Meenie wrote:go check it out at www.fantasyleague.com
Drop me a line if you want in for next season and i'll put your email on the circular.

Stop hijacking my thread Mr Meenie... :wink:

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Fri Dec 29, 2006 21:15

So.. what do i do now ?

Fu Manchu
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fu Manchu » Fri Dec 29, 2006 22:20

Alternate BC wrote:So.. what do i do now ?

Log back onto Xpert Eleven, as Ady has done already, and you will find that your application has been accepted. Click onto your team name and that's you in.

For the basics on the game go into the forum where I have put some useful hints on how to play the game.

Any questions, and this applies to Ady as well, send me a private message & I will point you in the right direction... :)

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Sat Dec 30, 2006 14:25

i'm in and had a nice little scoot around-looks fun.

right-when do we start again?

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Sat Dec 30, 2006 18:49

Ady wrote:i'm in and had a nice little scoot around-looks fun.

right-when do we start again?

Mid January Ady...you will get an e-mail with plenty warning... :D