No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

The place to talk about off topic, non-Cardiacs related stuff and topics that do not belong in another forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

User avatar
snowman
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 16:21
Location: Brighton

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby snowman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 17:23

Hello! I'm still lurking here, as I don't *do* facebook or any such social media-style stuff, and I like the informative (and often entertaining) threads I read here from time to time. And you guys are generally very considered, funny and well-written, and generally *not* wilfully obscure young contentious, esoteric-wannabe voluntary misfits - the kind that I find in abundance at other music forums, which I consequently use strictly as information services only, grumpy old 41-year-old that I bewilderingly am.

I rarely have much to say, really. Well, when sober. But I'm down wid dat shi', isn't it?

User avatar
Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 21:31

Postby Made Of Worms » Fri Jun 13, 2014 01:27

I'm sure it doesn't need repeating, but The Seaside was the sub-forum specifically chock full of everything about Cardiacs. About what we thought songs sounded like, about best experiences, about the wide angle glory and the gritty little corners we felt about the band and the music, about pictures and scans and fandom and all sorts.

It got lost.

If this bulletin board was Cardiacs discography, that loss was worse than three missing albums accidentally painted red by Bob or whatnot.

And now as it sits fairly stagnant but surviving, there's this constant malevolence lately, as if trying to finish it off.

Long may someone somewhere continue to upkeep the domain name and hosting.

psparky27

Re:

Postby psparky27 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 01:33

Made Of Worms wrote:
malevolence


The man knows his stuff. Take heed !

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"
Posts: 2284
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:38

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby Batesy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 15:12

Every time I look in hear now, a little piece of me dies - it used to be the exact opposite. I only dip in now to see if any of the more amusing, insightful folk that I don't see on Facebook (Dogs, Worms, Abnego, et al) have brightened the corners in their inimitable ways but it largely seems to be the same person smearing shite on the walls all the time.

It's a shame but I think it needs unplugging - it's become an embarrassment.

eadric
All Spectacular
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 16:09

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby eadric » Fri Jun 13, 2014 15:37

Wait....are you dumping us?

User avatar
ryan
Diamond Cardiac
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 17:26
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby ryan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 15:50

psparky27 wrote:Shite is abound everywhere and here is not exempt from that x


Right you are.

User avatar
Bubby
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby Bubby » Fri Jun 13, 2014 15:58

Batesy wrote:Every time I look in hear now, a little piece of me dies - it used to be the exact opposite. I only dip in now to see if any of the more amusing, insightful folk that I don't see on Facebook (Dogs, Worms, Abnego, et al) have brightened the corners in their inimitable ways but it largely seems to be the same person smearing shite on the walls all the time.

It's a shame but I think it needs unplugging - it's become an embarrassment.

Bit Harsh :?

Aside from sparky's petty jealousy and controlling nature and the obvious lack of forumites posting i think it's pretty good here. Everyone else is cool and there's been some great discussions, particularly if you look in the music forum.

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"
Posts: 2284
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:38

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby Batesy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 16:15

eadric wrote: Wait....are you dumping us?


Sorry, it's just not working out.

Bubby wrote:Everyone else is cool and there's been some great discussions, particularly if you look in the music forum


There are plenty of great people on here but without (the) Cardiacs forum, it's just a forum. And the constant passive/aggressive antagonism is just painful.

User avatar
Bubby
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby Bubby » Fri Jun 13, 2014 16:17

I guess i'm guilty of some of that considering i've stupidly started engaging with him again (it's not passive-aggressive from my end though), but to my mind this is one of the most troll free areas of the internet.

If Bob's buggered off nothing will get posted again i'm afraid ::cry:

psparky27

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby psparky27 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 18:00

Bubby wrote:I guess i'm guilty of some of that considering i've stupidly started engaging with him again (it's not passive-aggressive from my end though), but to my mind this is one of the most troll free areas of the internet.

If Bob's buggered off nothing will get posted again i'm afraid ::cry:


You are right its not passive aggressive from you .Its purely Agressive !

Did you really say if bob doesnt post then nothing will get posted ? Jesus bubby what did you do before he came here and people started to go ? correlation hmmmmmm?

Image

psparky27

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby psparky27 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 18:06

Batesy wrote:Every time I look in hear now, a little piece of me dies - it used to be the exact opposite. I only dip in now to see if any of the more amusing, insightful folk that I don't see on Facebook (Dogs, Worms, Abnego, et al) have brightened the corners in their inimitable ways but it largely seems to be the same person smearing shite on the walls all the time.

It's a shame but I think it needs unplugging - it's become an embarrassment.


It does indeed . I do find it weird that when humour is involved ie clippa (what ever happened to him ) or worms its not smearing the walls its classed as insightful ? Although they caused pet to go and stonage ! YEs their abbusive and drunken humour was so amazing.

It is so much nicer on facebook and better for the lack of bullying and elitism.

User avatar
dogsetc.
.
Posts: 2841
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 14:03

Postby dogsetc. » Fri Jun 13, 2014 18:17

Hey, that's the first time the e-word has been mentioned.

Worms is right about not underestimating the importance of losing the main content and focus of the Nest. I've banged on about it myself, and without wanting to make Frostie feel worse than i'm sure he already does about losing it, it was a serious archival disaster. It must look to any newcomer like there's nothing of substance to show for the last eight years of activity.

Much that has been written in print was linked from those threads (and we know that wasn't much), but they provided a point of orientation as well as a cache of opinions and information. There was also quite a bit of levity. Priceless really...

I'm very sorry that Batesy feels the way he does, but i can understand it, there's never been the level of plain nastiness of the last few months, and it's all irrelevent... Any push for a sanctioning of subject, and extent, online or outside in the world can go and fuckoff as far as i'm concerned.

So, i'm sticking around, and i might even write a review of our visit to the Eindhoven Psych Fest (or Lab as they called it) last weekend, which since you ask was excellent... and i didn't see a single stupid fvcking daisy t-shirt. :)

psparky27

Re:

Postby psparky27 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 18:18

dogsetc. wrote:
I'm very sorry that Batesy feels the way he does, but i can understand it, there's never been the level of plain nastiness of the last few months, and it's all irrelevent... Any push for a sanctioning of subject, and extent, online or outside in the world can go and fuckoff as far as i'm concerned.



Seems you must have missed all the "jest " nastiness of the worms and clipps golden era then or just found it funny too ! Even though it was clear others didnt . Nothing more blind than the person who doesnt want to see :( .

Did you mean sanctioning of subject and content?

User avatar
Bubby
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby Bubby » Fri Jun 13, 2014 18:34

sparky27 wrote:You are right its not passive aggressive from you .Its purely Agressive

It's not even that, i just peversely enjoy the futility of throwing logic and reason at you as if it's ever going to sink in :)

The board HAS died off of late, BUT it isn't because of the reasons (or people) you think it is.

:idea: ?

User avatar
dogsetc.
.
Posts: 2841
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 14:03

Postby dogsetc. » Fri Jun 13, 2014 18:34

psparky27 wrote:
dogsetc. wrote:
I'm very sorry that Batesy feels the way he does, but i can understand it, there's never been the level of plain nastiness of the last few months, and it's all irrelevent... Any push for a sanctioning of subject, and extent, online or outside in the world can go and fuckoff as far as i'm concerned.



Seems you must have missed all the "jest " nastiness of the worms and clipps golden era then or just found it funny too ! Even though it was clear others didnt . Nothing more blind than the person who doesnt want to see :( .

Did you mean sanctioning of subject and content?


I didn't take it seriously, i gave them the benefit of the doubt, and the other posts they made showed them both to be intelligent, eloquent and extremely likeable 'people', virtual or real. I'm not that fragile thank you very much... both of your examples of members 'bullied' off maybe were... i won't attempt to speculate an analysis of why, i'm not a psychologist.

I meant subject and extent, the latter because of your antagonism to extended posts... are you some sort of quantity fascist...? I thought you'd calmed down a few weeks ago, what's happened to set you off again...?