No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

The place to talk about off topic, non-Cardiacs related stuff and topics that do not belong in another forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:24

It's me, Sterbus and Snardy. WTF happened here? It's like a scene from a post-nuclear holocaust, just a small handful of survivors. Or that last part on Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, when the radio comms. operator gets no reply from any other stations.

"Come in Mares Nest, are you receiving me, over"

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Re: No, but seriously, where the fugg is everyone.

Postby Snardbafulator » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54

Stoneage Dinosaurs wrote:It's me, Sterbus and Snardy. WTF happened here? It's like a scene from a post-nuclear holocaust, just a small handful of survivors. Or that last part on Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, when the radio comms. operator gets no reply from any other stations.

"Come in Mares Nest, are you receiving me, over"

Is it my breath?

Seriously, don't forget eadric, montoid, Sir Tech, Sir Minnow, Worms, dogsie, clippa, fugazi, Firey Gun Lad, Batesy, ryan, harveylime, ThatsMrStrach, chaffinch, BonnieTheCat, OldMike ... not to mention the new fishies who continue to register here almost every day ...

Whoever's still posting here, the views keep incrementing at a halfway-decent clip so whether or not it's mostly guests reading these days, the forum is still being visited and read.

But less and less people like to write posts anymore in the Age of Twatter.

That's my theory anyway.

Bob
Deconstructing conventional wisdom since the birth of punk

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:25

Snardbafulator wrote:Seriously, don't forget eadric, montoid, Sir Tech, Sir Minnow, Worms, dogsie, clippa, fugazi, Firey Gun Lad, Batesy, ryan, harveylime, ThatsMrStrach, chaffinch, BonnieTheCat, OldMike ... not to mention the new fishies who continue to register here almost every day ...

I think you forgot someone... :(
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Snardbafulator » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:51

drterror666 wrote:
Snardbafulator wrote:Seriously, don't forget eadric, montoid, Sir Tech, Sir Minnow, Worms, dogsie, clippa, fugazi, Firey Gun Lad, Batesy, ryan, harveylime, ThatsMrStrach, chaffinch, BonnieTheCat, OldMike ... not to mention the new fishies who continue to register here almost every day ...

I think you forgot someone... :(

Freakin' A, Dr. T ... ::!: ::!: ::!:

My humblest apologies, good (and continually posting) Sir.

And apologies in advance to anyone else in the Pond I might have left out :oops:

Edit: Including Monkton who I just now noticed reading the forum. D'oh !

Bob

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 13:14

It's OK. I forgive you...
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

Bubby
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Bubby » Wed Nov 20, 2013 13:43

Snardbafulator wrote:don't forget eadric, montoid, Sir Tech, Sir Minnow, Worms, dogsie, clippa, fugazi, Firey Gun Lad, Batesy, ryan, harveylime, ThatsMrStrach, chaffinch, BonnieTheCat, OldMike ...

That's it, i'm leaving.

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Snardbafulator » Wed Nov 20, 2013 13:53

Bubby wrote:
Snardbafulator wrote:don't forget eadric, montoid, Sir Tech, Sir Minnow, Worms, dogsie, clippa, fugazi, Firey Gun Lad, Batesy, ryan, harveylime, ThatsMrStrach, chaffinch, BonnieTheCat, OldMike ...

That's it, i'm leaving.

ARRRGGGHHH !

Welcome back, Bubster. I got yer McCoy Tyners fer yiz over on the Jazz thread.

Bob

Bubby
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Bubby » Wed Nov 20, 2013 14:01

Thanks. I'm not going to be on here much now either. I'm not flouncing it's just that i've a lot going on in the 'real world' so can't really commit to starting threads for the same three people.

See ya (for now).

Fiery Gun Lad
Gold Cardiac

Postby Fiery Gun Lad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 14:06

...you spelt my name wrong.... :wink:
...there's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets...

eadric
All Spectacular

Postby eadric » Wed Nov 20, 2013 14:46

I feel like it's been busier the past few weeks/months than in ages. We've had our post-nuclear holocaust, and the small band of survivors has somehow managed to build shelter and restore power. Sure, we're running out of fuel, and people want to run for the border, but I reckon we're having a bit of a golden age before the inevitable.

I mean, how many bands as 'popular' as Cardiacs are still getting forum content, years after the records stopped? I don't care for Facebook for the usual tedious reasons, so I'll stick around until the rowing boat comes to rescue everyone, and then I'll say I'm too old to go now and wave it goodbye.

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 14:49

Cardiacs Facebook makes my brain ache! :rolleyes:
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Snardbafulator » Wed Nov 20, 2013 16:01

Bubby wrote:Thanks. I'm not going to be on here much now either. I'm not flouncing it's just that i've a lot going on in the 'real world'

I think that's really the answer to Stoney's question. Five or six years is an eternity as far as life-stages go and posting on a forum is pretty disposable time. I'm extremely fond of this place so I've read way back in a lot of the threads. Hell, I read the entire football thread and I know nothing about what we here call "soccer" (trust Americans to re-name the most popular sport in the world) just because I appreciate all the love of fair play and support for your local communities that football is about for you guys, everything that American professional sports isn't. And Back In The Day, there was always something Cardiacs to look forward to, another gig, maybe a new album and when I got here in '10, of course, Leader of the Starry Skies. So when that's all ... dissipated away ... it can't help but reduce the desire to post here as often.
so can't really commit to starting threads for the same three people.

What if it were four people? Five? Seriously, Bubbalicious One, that's not the right way to look at it. You started the Jazz thread exactly a month ago and already it's got 600 views. That's a service to a lot of jazz lovers, my friend. Don't think of the posters. Think of the readers.
See ya (for now).

Well I'd be lying if I said I was praying, but I seriously am hoping you'll continue to be around at least occasionally, Bubby, and start some threads. And I'll tell you why. You can reach a lot of people in the Cardioverse that a twiddlehead like Yours Truly cannot. I feel zero guilt for my part in turning Cardiacs Alike into an avant prog board because nobody else is putting in, but at the same time I feel a little bad about it, too, which is different. I'd really like more people to post about a wider variety of music, but it's the proverbial horse, water and drinking.
Fiery Gun Lad wrote:...you spelt my name wrong.... :wink:

I did indeed. I had to check the 'pedia, and it seems that everything in the English language which means "fire-y" is spelled fiery. Which is, like, totally counterintuitive 'n' shizzles.
eadric wrote:I feel like it's been busier the past few weeks/months than in ages. We've had our post-nuclear holocaust, and the small band of survivors has somehow managed to build shelter and restore power. Sure, we're running out of fuel, and people want to run for the border, but I reckon we're having a bit of a golden age before the inevitable.

I try strenuously to rationalize this away, but I can't help getting twinges of ... don't call it "guilt," regret, maybe ... that there seems to be a small core of us who are "monopolizing" Cardiacs Alike and have shifted the aesthetic bias towards the (highly) progressive. Personally, of course, I feel it's great. And I know in my head that if it weren't for Mr. Tech, Mr. Minnow, Bubby, you and myself, that forum would doubtless be much less lively than it is currently. There's something kind of ridiculously paranoid about believing that others are simply refusing to post about really great bands they've discovered because there's too much Extra Life and miRthkon or something. But it's part of the social brain's wiring to feel bad about it anyway.
I mean, how many bands as 'popular' as Cardiacs are still getting forum content, years after the records stopped?

Indeed. Only the very great ones. And if you consider how less well-known in raw number terms Cardiacs is compared to, say, Zappa, Cardiacs love is all the more extraordinary.
I don't care for Facebook for the usual tedious reasons, so I'll stick around until the rowing boat comes to rescue everyone, and then I'll say I'm too old to go now and wave it goodbye.

You 'n' me both, podner.
drterror666 wrote:Cardiacs Facebook makes my brain ache! :rolleyes:

Heh. Ever since the PRISM domestic surveillance story broke, it's made me feel like getting a CrotchBook page would be like logging directly into the NSA.

Yes ... in some irreducible way, Facebook is of a piece with drones over Afghanistan.

Bob

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Wed Nov 20, 2013 17:54

Stoneage Dinosaurs wrote:It's me, Sterbus and Snardy.

Unwittingly, Stoney, you seem to have a walk-on part in a Whitehall farce... :lol:

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Thu Nov 21, 2013 16:02

dogsetc. wrote:farce... :lol:

I'm under the bed, clippa's in the closet and She, of course, is hiding behind the shed.

brother abnego
"To log off and things"

Postby brother abnego » Thu Nov 21, 2013 20:14

I

AM

ALWAYS

WATCHING

ALWAYS

AM

I