A new album that I am proud of.

The place to talk about off topic, non-Cardiacs related stuff and topics that do not belong in another forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

ThatsMrStrach
Bronze Cardiac

A new album that I am proud of.

Postby ThatsMrStrach » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:42

Hello everybody, I just wanted to share with somebody and thought about hitting Reddit first but they's full of meanies. And I hope I picked a right board not to seem pushy or overly self-promoting. I am just very very proud. Over 2003-2004 I have recorded a crapton of music with some people, mostly my friend Stan and released it as Projekt Luty. The band is stylistically not oriented anywhere at all, but there is one very strict rule. Every album has to feature at least one person with no musical ability. This is the basis of all magic that happens. And then we improvise and then songs appear.

Anyway I have kept the Projekt Luty corpse jumping and twitching by releasing, since 2010, albums with archival recordings. But this past year me and Stan reconnected musically and we had 3 sessions during which we recorded some absolutely new music. I have no idea what you will think of it, it is rock music in essence and sometimes has structure and sometimes bounces around between guitars and synths. Oh it is in Polish, sorry. I would be honored if you listened to it. I love you all.

http://projektluty.bandcamp.com/album/rejestrator

cactus
Bronze Cardiac

Re: A new album that I am proud of.

Postby cactus » Tue Oct 15, 2013 15:41

I enjoyed that, thanks! Pleasantly disorientating and plenty of warmth and humour, and some intriguing electronic noises! My favourites were tracks 4 and 6, maybe the more 'ambient'-leaning ones. The whole thing reminds me a bit of Faust, which can only be a good thing. Thanks for posting!

ThatsMrStrach
Bronze Cardiac

Postby ThatsMrStrach » Tue Oct 15, 2013 23:26

cactus wrote:I enjoyed that, thanks! Pleasantly disorientating and plenty of warmth and humour, and some intriguing electronic noises! My favourites were tracks 4 and 6, maybe the more 'ambient'-leaning ones. The whole thing reminds me a bit of Faust, which can only be a good thing. Thanks for posting!

Thank you so much cactus, this means a lot to me that you took your time to check it out. I am glad you enjoyed it and a comparison to faust is a great compliment for me!

Old Mike
New fish

Postby Old Mike » Thu Oct 17, 2013 00:38

Have just listened to it "in the background" and I too enjoyed it.
I will listen to it again as soon as possible giving it more attention and hopefully enjoy it even more.
As cactus said, many intriguing noises and I like intriguing noises, hence I am a Cardiacs "fan". :wink:

ThatsMrStrach
Bronze Cardiac

Postby ThatsMrStrach » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:17

Old Mike wrote:Have just listened to it "in the background" and I too enjoyed it.
I will listen to it again as soon as possible giving it more attention and hopefully enjoy it even more.
As cactus said, many intriguing noises and I like intriguing noises, hence I am a Cardiacs "fan". :wink:

Hi Old Mike, thank you for taking your time to listen to my album. I am glad you liked it! And feel free to revisit whenever you wish :)

ThatsMrStrach
Bronze Cardiac

Postby ThatsMrStrach » Tue Nov 19, 2013 14:00

Hello everybody.

I am updating my old thread to announce another album that I published last Friday. This time it is by my solo project, "poj.wlkp", my 9th album as this project and 48th overall. poj.wlkp deals in very bleak territory between rock, folk, sadcore, gothic, who knows what else. It took me 3 years to make and of course I am very proud of it. It is all in Polish again.

I guess it does not sound cardiacs alike a whole lot, although I always go out of my way to introduce odd time signatures, atypical chord progressions and so on. I guess it may sound amateur and simplistic but this is an aesthetic I have had for 15 years now and I doubt it will ever change :)

If you have a moment please feel free to check it out. If you do not I still very much like you all.

http://pojwlkp.bandcamp.com/album/p-noc-p-sen-p-dzie