Is this our Tim?

The place to talk about off topic, non-Cardiacs related stuff and topics that do not belong in another forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Is this our Tim?

Postby Greyhound » Sun Mar 10, 2013 15:12

Hi all,
For the last 4 years or so I've been pedantically trying to keep the information on Cardiacs' (and Tim Smith's) Discogs page up-to-date and accurate.

This morning I came across an entry for the Golden Egg 7" single by the band Eat (Fiction Records), that has Tim Smith credited as remixer (here's a pic - credit on the right).

I doubt that this is our Tim, but before I go ahead and ask the submitter to change the credit to one of the many other Tim Smith's, I thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone knows otherwise.

Cheers. :)

ryan
Diamond Cardiac

Re: Is this our Tim?

Postby ryan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 16:01

It is isn't it?
Wikipedia lists Eat among work he's done.

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Sun Mar 10, 2013 18:51

Ha, I'm always the first to defend Wikipedia against claims of unreliability of data, but I'd discredited the Tim Smith article because of that ridiculous list of bands that are claimed to be influenced by Cardiacs. So I didn't even think to look there for evidence. :roll:
Thanks for pointing that out, Ryan. I'll leave the Discogs submission alone then. :)

ryan
Diamond Cardiac

Postby ryan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 17:40

Yeah, I did briefly look for another source because I was sure I'd read about the association recently but I couldn't.

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 23:50

If I remember rightly, Tim produced a few tracks for Eat too - including this one which was a minor hit and got loads of radio play. A great track too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zydcLk1NQ

Lord of the Badgers
All Spectacular

Postby Lord of the Badgers » Sun Apr 21, 2013 01:47

one of my mates had that album - I knew of the association at the time, so yep, def him...
Rob Is The Lord Of The Badgers Is Rob

my band of folky miscreants