Any interest in a CD swap?

The place to talk about off topic, non-Cardiacs related stuff and topics that do not belong in another forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Monkton
All Spectacular

Re: Any interest in a CD swap?

Postby Monkton » Tue Jan 11, 2011 19:20

In sealed addressed packets but missed the post office :( They'll be off first thing in the morn though. This was always my fave Prong.... - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl-5TrGakWY

xM
last one out turn off the lights.

bellyeyed
Gold Cardiac

Postby bellyeyed » Tue Jan 11, 2011 20:35

haha i knew it was going to be that song before i turned it on,my fave too.
im not going to say anymore after this...except for..

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Wed Jan 12, 2011 13:27

Posted! Only 50p more for that wxtra 1500+ miles or so from tipperary to Phily............. xM
PS: content advisory on track 9 for young people an a nice youtube vid available for track 10 :)

Pheeel
All Spectacular

Postby Pheeel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 00:15

Right! Got all mine all packaged up and ready. Shall be in the post forthwith(tomorrow).
Some consider childish dreams a matter of necessity

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Jan 13, 2011 14:42

First uns here and its...............BELLYEYED's woop woop woot!! Well, i'm on the second listen already and without putting in any (to many?) spoilers, i'm lovin it, though i suspect Snard may not :D
S'not breakin any new ground for me, and only introduced 3 new artists into my life but it is, as they say 'up my proverbial alley' in some sense at least, and i only have 4 of the tracks already so at present, its my NO.1 :-D :supz: :supz:

Trouserpress
Gold Cardiac

Postby Trouserpress » Thu Jan 13, 2011 14:57

Yours is the first to arrive for me, Monkton!

I've only heard of one of the artists beforehand (track 2), so there's been LOTS of pleasant surprises. On first listen tracks 1, 3, 5, 6, 15 and 16 are the highlights for me, and the artists responsible have all been added to my "to do" list. :D
My blog: Hemulism
My podcast: Wound With List

Pheeel
All Spectacular

Postby Pheeel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 17:21

Just back from the Post Office, so some of you should get mine in a couple of days.

I've got Monkton's disc(the sticker was a nice touch, ta!) and Trouserpress's double concept album. I shall commence listening...now!
Some consider childish dreams a matter of necessity

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Jan 13, 2011 17:56

I've only heard of one of the artists beforehand (track 2)

Ah yes. That'll be the most overtly 'its sooooo Dartington' reference :-D

xM

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Jan 13, 2011 17:59

On first listen tracks 1, 3, 5, 6, 15 and 16 are the highlights for me
oh, an i'm a Midnight Florist (track 6) . T'was all a bit of a laff really........ xM

Trouserpress
Gold Cardiac

Postby Trouserpress » Thu Jan 13, 2011 18:21

Monkton wrote:
On first listen tracks 1, 3, 5, 6, 15 and 16 are the highlights for me
oh, an i'm a Midnight Florist (track 6) . T'was all a bit of a laff really........ xM

Sounds it! I was checking out Ergo's site earlier. Is he an old Dartingtonian perchance?

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Jan 13, 2011 19:26

I was checking out Ergo's site earlier. Is he an old Dartingtonian perchance

no, Ergo's never been a DCA student, although he does alot for the radio. He's one of my favouritest and best loved chums, and one of the most prolific musicians i know. One hot summers day in 09 we got together with some other chums, Mongoose, Vulnavia and the Whale, a rather large quantity of Special Brew and some other nefarious deVices and recorded the 'Now thats what we Pump at the Party' EP in about 7 hours, for no reason whatsoever really....... I heartily reccomend his opera about the death of Chris Evans called 'the Mourning Show' which funnily enough, will be performed live in the Soundart Studio on Feb 5th :) http://ergophizmiz.blogspot.com/2010/11/watch-mourning-show-online.html

xM

Trouserpress
Gold Cardiac

Postby Trouserpress » Thu Jan 13, 2011 19:30

Monkton wrote:
I was checking out Ergo's site earlier. Is he an old Dartingtonian perchance

no, Ergo's never been a DCA student, although he does alot for the radio. He's one of my favouritest and best loved chums, and one of the most prolific musicians i know. One hot summers day in 09 we got together with some other chums, Mongoose, Vulnavia and the Whale, a rather large quantity of Special Brew and some other nefarious deVices and recorded the 'Now thats what we Pump at the Party' EP in about 7 hours, for no reason whatsoever really....... I heartily reccomend his opera about the death of Chris Evans called 'the Mourning Show' which funnily enough, will be performed live in the Soundart Studio on Feb 5th :) http://ergophizmiz.blogspot.com/2010/11/watch-mourning-show-online.html

xM

Awesome! I shall be sure to tune in for that, it sounds brilliant!

Armitage Cistern
All Spectacular

Postby Armitage Cistern » Thu Jan 13, 2011 19:51

I'm amazed you people got this together so fast. I once did a cdr swap thing on another forum with ten or so people and it took months I seem to remember. And I only got five or six back.

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Thu Jan 13, 2011 21:14

Monkton wrote:no, Ergo's never been a DCA student, although he does alot for the radio. He's one of my favouritest and best loved chums, and one of the most prolific musicians i know. One hot summers day in 09 we got together with some other chums, Mongoose, Vulnavia and the Whale, a rather large quantity of Special Brew and some other nefarious deVices and recorded the 'Now thats what we Pump at the Party' EP in about 7 hours, for no reason whatsoever really....... I heartily reccomend his opera about the death of Chris Evans called 'the Mourning Show' which funnily enough, will be performed live in the Soundart Studio on Feb 5th :) http://ergophizmiz.blogspot.com/2010/11/watch-mourning-show-online.html

xM

Excuse me butting in as a non-participant. :)
I used to listen regularly to his shows on WFMU. He first filled in for and collaborated with the wonderful Vicki Bennett / People Like Us.

Incidently it was a link on the WFMU blog that introduced me to Cardiacs; i owe station music director Brian Turner everything.

schlep
Cardiacsy

Re:

Postby schlep » Thu Jan 13, 2011 21:49

dogsetc. wrote:
Monkton wrote:no, Ergo's never been a DCA student, although he does alot for the radio. He's one of my favouritest and best loved chums, and one of the most prolific musicians i know. One hot summers day in 09 we got together with some other chums, Mongoose, Vulnavia and the Whale, a rather large quantity of Special Brew and some other nefarious deVices and recorded the 'Now thats what we Pump at the Party' EP in about 7 hours, for no reason whatsoever really....... I heartily reccomend his opera about the death of Chris Evans called 'the Mourning Show' which funnily enough, will be performed live in the Soundart Studio on Feb 5th :) http://ergophizmiz.blogspot.com/2010/11/watch-mourning-show-online.html

xM

Excuse me butting in as a non-participant. :)
I used to listen regularly to his shows on WFMU. He first filled in for and collaborated with the wonderful Vicki Bennett / People Like Us.

Incidently it was a link on the WFMU blog that introduced me to Cardiacs; i owe station music director Brian Turner everything.

Is that right? I found out the very same way, and on the same day. Brain turner.
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today