Any interest in a CD swap?

The place to talk about off topic, non-Cardiacs related stuff and topics that do not belong in another forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

bellyeyed
Gold Cardiac

Re: Any interest in a CD swap?

Postby bellyeyed » Tue Oct 18, 2011 20:06

hi guys,major apologies for being late,thought it was wasnt going ahead,got no pm flags so wasnt on then ina while,if ye can find it in yer hearts to forgive me il get my shit together
im not going to say anymore after this...except for..

Pheeel
All Spectacular

Postby Pheeel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 20:29

Er, anyone got one of mine yet? I posted three on Saturday, so presumably they're still "in transit".
Some consider childish dreams a matter of necessity

Spyda
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Spyda » Tue Oct 18, 2011 21:13

Pheeel wrote:Er, anyone got one of mine yet? I posted three on Saturday, so presumably they're still "in transit".

Just got in and found it waiting for me. Im loving it so far, many thanks! :D

And no problem Bellyeyed, i'll post yours tomorrow :)
And if she only had stopped making that hissing noise . . .

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Wed Oct 19, 2011 16:26

Sorry folks been TOTALLY lame lately. Got a few quid now though so gonna buy CD's this arvo and get on it! Recieved loads so far. Not played any of the CD's cos my vans in the garage having its brakes nursed back to health very expensively but whoever sent the cassette? Wow. F'awesome. Practically no beats, no tunes and no words. I funkin love it!! xM
last one out turn off the lights.

bellyeyed
Gold Cardiac

Postby bellyeyed » Wed Oct 19, 2011 17:39

mine are in the post and winging their way over.cobbled together ina rush but on the way none the less
im not going to say anymore after this...except for..

Pheeel
All Spectacular

Postby Pheeel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 18:37

Apologies to Bellyeye, bit of a delay in sending his disc out. It'll be in the post tomorrow, though.

So, apart from that, has everyone had everyone else's CDs yet? Did you manage to get yours done yet, Monkton?
Some consider childish dreams a matter of necessity

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Oct 27, 2011 18:56

Nope *hangs head in shame* BUT THEY'RE COMING!!! I PROMISE!! I have actually got blank CD's now. Will attach record players to PC and get 'em done this weekend. In the post first thing Mon morn all things going well...... I WILL NOT Snard on you guys :) xM

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Nov 03, 2011 19:30

In the post NOW ready for the weekend! CD1 Way IN and CD2 Way OUT. To Pheeeeeel, Belly an Spyda anyhows, i don't appear to have a PM from you Hemulen, with ya shiny new northern address, just got ya old 'un in Plymuff........... xM

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Fri Nov 04, 2011 01:28

Well, just had a quick googly map in a stalkerish kind o way :axe: and Pheeel definitely wins for leafy suburbia :)

And buggeration....just checked Hemulan's CD and i,ve realised i've not burnt it properly!! I was supposed to cut the 2 second gap between tracks to make it all seamless ::roll: So it doesn't sound quite like i wanted it to sound. To that end, i've wacked it into a high bitrate mp3 to download as 2 single mixes -

Way IN - http://www.mediafire.com/file/93ym8my0p9s7fk3/01_MaresNestMix_Way_IN.mp3

Way OUT -http://www.mediafire.com/file/812xz2zpa2xf8sx/02_MaresNestMix_Way%20OUT.mp3

So if anybody else fancies a listen, there it is. Post a reply if you want a listing. Simple stuff really. Nothing particularly proggy, all off vinyl. A post pub inebriation mix to suck in and spit out...

xM

Spyda
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Spyda » Fri Nov 04, 2011 18:56

Monkton wrote:In the post NOW ready for the weekend! CD1 Way IN and CD2 Way OUT. To Pheeeeeel, Belly an Spyda anyhows, i don't appear to have a PM from you Hemulen, with ya shiny new northern address, just got ya old 'un in Plymuff........... xM

Just got it, thanks. Will fire it/them up a bit later.
Any chance of a track listing? . . . :razz:
And if she only had stopped making that hissing noise . . .

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Fri Nov 04, 2011 22:16

Oh ok. Tracks are listed on the CD but i couldn't be arsed to write it all down and my printer has ink issues (chri$t that shit$ expensive) so i couldn't cobble a label together.....

WAY IN

01 - Stranger and Cpt Delicious - PunkFloydMovement
02 - Skatter - Madonna is a Filthy Slut
03 - Barbara Streisand - Come Back to Me
04 - Monster Zoku Onsomb - Monday Morning
05 - Annihilation Time - About to Snap
06 - Nation of Ulysses - You're My Miss WashingtonDC
07 - Reptile - Boys will be Boys
08 - Ball - Love was the End
09 - Flying Saucer Attack - The Sea
10 - Antonia Leukers - Hasenlove
11 - Music From the Film - My Animal Friends
12 - Hevoset -No Title
13 - Ibis Rooge -Coro Coro
14 - Leyland Kirby - No Title
15 - Ester Venrooy - Arthur
16 - Coil - The Anal Staircase

WAY OUT

01 - Betty Botox - Anal Dub
02 - Rotary Signal Emitter - Tooth Lock
03 - Historical Recording - Pygmy Hunting Ritual
04 - Strategy - Noise Tape Reggae
05 - Expressway Yo-Yo Dieting - No title
06 - Brian Eno and David Byrne - Mea Culpa
07 - fvck - My Melting Snowman
08 - John Chantler - B3
09 - Renegade Scanners - no title
10 - aSSS - This is the Drum
11 - Baconhead - Novahawk
12 - Cyche Out Ghosts - Arcadex
13 - Error23 and Repogrrl - No shot til Money Drop
14 - Kukl - Greece
15 - Gal Costa - Vapor Barato
16 - Culture Shock - Messed Up

xM

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Nov 17, 2011 01:03

OK, i'll start. :D Who doesn't like a bit o feedback here... squeeling away as you slam dive the whammy ba oh hang on...

Right. Award for most listened to CD (to date) goes to.......

Mares Nest II - Electric Boogaloo....... In a way its 'easy listening' but i really like the way its mixed and flows. Especially nice touch that Nick Cave Dolls into B'day Party. Nice to hear that Rotary Connection trk. Always been a sucker for Minnie since i heard - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1kDd6yBQZ4 This CD without a doubt has been stuck in my vans CD player for alot of the last 2/3weeks, mostly cos nobody moans about it to be fair...........

Closely followed by 'STUFF' which hasn't been on as much, but i like it v.much. Def gonna check out more Joe an his hippies BUT fvck me, that Dead Can Dance trk. Now sorry, but i've had a massive repulsion to DCD since i was a teen so shouldn't really comment but one of these tracks sounds like the kind of music you'd put on if you were doing a pisstake of Lord of the Rings and all the Hobbits were gonna come on and dance round a rock off there heads on meadly goodness and mugwort..except that makes it sound to good. blech :D I shall say no more....ooh, except we both chose tracks from the same LP which was interesting....

Now Hemulan was never necessarily going to provide a good motorway soundtrack, especially with 4 kids in the vehicle, but suprisingly, the Tribute CD has proved to be good all round entertainment. The Comus track is a particular fave of yours Hemulan for i was driving into the funkiest town in the UK (hah) listening to your cd. Stopped at Morons supermarket. Switched it off after Comus, shopped, came back, switched on Radio instead and 'wuh, ' there you were introducing 'Song to Comus'....... That Artsen Rotarie demo is also amazing. Love that track. Finally, track 20. Kids got it straight away. I must be getting old.......

Award for best Compilation on an obselete Format.

The cassette.. woot woot (although CD's will be in this catagory pdq...)

I can't see the tape right now to read the listing but one thing i picked up on is how wacked Ohneotrix Pnt Never is.... I'd always assumed it was a bit more dancefloor orientated but thanks to this track and another played from the new LP out last week i'm a convert for sure.... And i did love this tape so much... And Pauline Oliveros is actually a patron of the lovely organisation for whom i work :)

Just looking at Mares Nest cd and i recognise its been totally underplayed. I'll slip it in my bag now. I know i got a few hooks in my head when i listened to it but i can't remember which tracks.

Theres another CD isn't there? where is it...not under there...hmmmm

So anyway. thoroughly enjoying. More comment to follow no doubt. This whole malarchy got me to thinking, we should have a mix thread... i stick little odd mixes together from time to time as i'm sure some of you folk do.. If we had a thread that we could post to, a little tracklisting and a link to mediafire, i'm sure i'd listen to all that were posted...... The whole obsolete CD snail mail thing is actually quite time consuming although i know the spirit of this in the framing statement was the authenticity of the physical object.........

Anyhow. Thats my two penneth worth.

xM

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Dec 08, 2011 02:55

Really really really really must pay Nachtmystium more attention! xM