What game did you play today ?

The place to talk about off topic, non-Cardiacs related stuff and topics that do not belong in another forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:04

Hello Ady. Watch Dogs wasn't optimised for anything but the most extreme PC so I'm waiting for the big patch along with all the other hapless "money back" whingers.

Dark Souls II is awesome, and that's not a go-to word for me. Unforgiving, harsh, confounding, all that, but still brilliantly paced to keep you engaged with well-earned rewards. After all it's only your own ineptitude, impetuosity and stupidity you're fighting against, it's doing you a favour. OW! please sir may I have another OW! please sir may I have another. Who knew it was Japanese. :)

montoid
Cardiacs Expert

Re: What game did you play today ?

Postby montoid » Tue Jul 01, 2014 14:40

Bioshock: Burial at Sea Part 2.

Got this in the recent Steam sale. Playing as Elizabeth in a stealthier mode than previous improves the gameplay no end. No ammo interjections.

Magnificent level design, I mean, really fvcking beautiful and atmospheric.

Didn't cry but I did play through the end again immediately after finishing the first time. Rare.

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 21:49

montoid wrote:Image

Bioshock: Burial at Sea Part 2.

Got this in the recent Steam sale. Playing as Elizabeth in a stealthier mode than previous improves the gameplay no end. No ammo interjections.

Magnificent level design, I mean, really fvcking beautiful and atmospheric.

Didn't cry but I did play through the end again immediately after finishing the first time. Rare.

I might pick up the last bioshock soon then :)

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Wed Jul 02, 2014 01:41

montoid wrote:Image

Didn't cry...

I was most moved by that opening scene actually, rather than the more prescribed bits. You know she's not there, she'll never get there, it's just a matter of when and how it'll get shot to shit. Yeah, I'm a stealth fan.

snowman
Cardiacs Expert

Postby snowman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24

My friends are currently developing this (and I've been dabbling with the demo version) - it's a turn-based 2D scrolling retro-modern shoot-'em-up, naturally...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... hoot-em-up

and

http://sockthuggery.com/

and

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =182536318

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Mon Jul 21, 2014 15:08

Sniper Elite 3 is worth a look for anyone who enjoyed the 2nd one. Better stealth, bigger and less linear level design. Lacklustre story but it's all about the thrill of the well-aimed nut-shot anyway. :roll:

One of the team deathmatches I designed in GTA Online was officially given the "Rockstar Verified" seal of approval last week. Currently sitting pretty on 45,000 plays. :)

eadric
All Spectacular

Postby eadric » Mon Jul 21, 2014 18:39

Divinity Original Sin (there's probably some :'s in there too). Good and unforgiving.

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Mon Jul 21, 2014 20:20

I've done it again. I got within an optional boss or two of the end bit of Dark Souls 2, having really "enjoyed" it all, and then I stopped. It's like I've been through so much, I don't want it to end. :|

snowman
Cardiacs Expert

Postby snowman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 20:37

Mmmm.

Free demo!

snowman wrote:My friends are currently developing this (and I've been dabbling with the demo version) - it's a turn-based 2D scrolling retro-modern shoot-'em-up, naturally...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... hoot-em-up

and

http://sockthuggery.com/

and

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =182536318

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Sat Oct 11, 2014 14:01

montoid
Cardiacs Expert

Postby montoid » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:53

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 16:32

I'm playing Mass Effect 2. Again.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Wed Mar 18, 2015 21:05

I just did ^that, and then 3, for the first time. They were OK. Diverting. I can understand people being upset by the ending(s) of 3 when they'd been so invested in the series, but i can't understand people being so invested in the series. The choices and consequences never really felt deeply impactful to me. Well, they did in 2, a bit, but I felt a bit hoodwinked in retrospect and thus played 3 like I didn't give a shit.

Before that I overwintered with their Dragon Age: Inquisition. That was OK too. Better really.

I have a spanking new gaming PC now with all high end kit in it, I thought I might as well, since gaming is the best way I know of not drinking too much. I'm currently in the early stages of Alien Isolation and it seems pretty brilliant, they really got the whole aesthetic bang on. Yummy late night lights off 5.1 willies.

This PC (i7/980 an'shit) also gave me a chance to retry Watch_Dogs because I foolishly bought that when it came out and could never run it. They managed to leave any actual fun out of that game and I await GTA V instead.

Thankyou.

montoid
Cardiacs Expert

Postby montoid » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:15

Ok, I've been playing DarkSouls II and then for some light relief from that I've been trying to prise my kneecap off with a fork. :)

Wolfenstein New Order was satisfying.