Real rarities on ebay

The place to discuss Cardiacs memorabilia, rarities, and share pictures of collectible items

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Re: Real rarities on ebay

Postby seventies » Fri Jan 04, 2013 07:03

hello_mr_sparrow
New fish

Postby hello_mr_sparrow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:49

good god, thats one of my main wants! someone must be delighted.

i feel like, in these cases, sometimes people just acquire huge collections and figure a CD single they haven't heard of can't fetch more than a meager few bucks.

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 17:24

hello_mr_sparrow wrote:sometimes people just acquire huge collections

Yes, we all know someone who likes to do that. Saying that, I haven't seen BigShipIron on eBay for a while.

You'll be very, very, very lucky to get hold of the CDS of Day Is Gone. It goes for stupid money!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

ryan
Diamond Cardiac

Postby ryan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 22:37

Scored the Torso Little Man LP for £30 the other day, and the Archive cassette for £10. Excellent.
When I thought about it, I realised I only need CDs of Archive, Seaside, Live, and Pony to have all the CD albums. Pony I suspect will be extra hard. The others are regularly about, it's just a case of committing money. I still balk at the idea of 50 for one cd...!
I'd like the various singles (bar Ditzy Scene), and the Rough Trade Heaven Born ideally, but I can live with the albums for now!

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:50

Well done, by the way!

You can go to Discogs and score stuff on there sometimes, you know...
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

ryan
Diamond Cardiac

Postby ryan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 15:10

'ta!
yeah, i've got the stuff i'm after on my discogs wishlist.
there's actually someone selling all three of the CDs I'm after, for £50 each. I could pick them up, although my wife might kill me, but paying £150 for three CDs... can't quite bring myself to it!

I see the Sing to God double went for 40something on eBay over the weekend too, much less then the currently discog'd one!

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 20:28

ryan wrote:I could pick them up, although my wife might kill me, but paying £150 for three CDs... can't quite bring myself to it!

She'd be right to murder you! :twisted: I think Cardiacs stuff is going for stupid money these days. Glad I got most of it the first time around!!!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

ryan
Diamond Cardiac

Postby ryan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 21:58

I got the bulk of the CDs before they were unavailingly through the band, just these last couple I need!

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:54

I'm missing the following:

The Obvious Identity CASS
Toy World CASS
A Bus for a Bus on the Bus 7"
Day Is Gone CDS
Tim Smith's Extra Special OceanLandWorld CD

I wish I'd bought those last two while I had the chance. Never in a million years thought that the Day Is Gone CDS would be worth more than the 12" with the Sea Nymphs 7", but there you go!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

ryan
Diamond Cardiac

Postby ryan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 06:44

Nice. I'm not after those early releases (well I am, I just don't expect to get them I guess!) or the singles (again, if they were offered I'd take them obviously!).
I have the solo album happily.

I've won Archive on CD and a Rough Trade version of Heaven Born on eBay in the last day. Excellent. My wife won't be pleased about Heaven Born, I have the 95 version already, but I got it for £30 which is crazy good for that version I think!
Getting there. Seaside, Songs for Ships, and Live to go, then I've all the albums on CD and ill be happy. Spratleys Japs album too and I'm done.

Edit: Just got Somgs for Ships & Live... Blimey.
Big tax return this month so...

Myndforest
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Myndforest » Sat Mar 16, 2013 18:10

Hello Forum Peoples... I'm new here (though have been an instant fan of Cardiacs since I first heard them in a car stero late one night in 1986)...

I've just listed 3 ORIGINAL CARDIACS Posters on e-Bay which you may be interested in looking at.

I haven't seen them listed by anyone else on e-bay before, but I don't spend my life watching e-bay!

Hope BigShipIron doesn't snaffle them all up in his dirty greedy mits...

I've got loads of old clippings and YOUSLETTERS and bits stashed away which I'm in the process of dusting off - including a couple of interesting letters from Timmy and some old flyer/posters from the days of the FETCHAM RIVERSIDE CLUB where I first saw CARDIACS perform live in 1986/7- So I will probably upload them to the Museum over the next few days/weeks/months...

The letters are far too precious for me to ever sell, but the posters have just been rolled up in my loft for the past 15 years so I thought it would be nice for someone (not YOU BSI !!!) to get some pleasure from them...

If he makes a bid - I may even ask him to back off and let others get 'Two Bites Of Cherry'...
With respect
Leaving early - just before the hour - a few minutes won't make any difference, not to me anyway... the early bird catches the worm.
I don't really want to go in tomorrow - the man will tell me off for leaving early yesterday...

Myndforest
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Myndforest » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:42

Perhaps I'm talking to myself here... but noticed Big Ship Iron had indeed bid on all the items I listed on e-bay so true to my word I've sent him the following message...

Hi BSI - I appreciate your bids on all the items I have put on e-bay and I do want to sell them, however I understand that you do have a rep for buying everything Cardiacs - Maybe buying EVERYTHING IS EASY for you... but think of all the little fishes in the pond...Why not let them get 2 BITES OF CHERRY?.. I did say yesterday to those at Cardiacs Museum that if I discovered you had bid on anything (in this case everything) that I would ask that you let others have a chance... I've now done that. With Respect.

Hopefully he will hold off from bidding and give others a chance to buy something, but it's his right to bid and I'm not going to wrestle him to the floor for wanting to buy the items I'm selling...
Leaving early - just before the hour - a few minutes won't make any difference, not to me anyway... the early bird catches the worm.
I don't really want to go in tomorrow - the man will tell me off for leaving early yesterday...

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 17:44

I have tried to buy 3 pin badges and he has bid on those too . Now they are at£10 and he has bid on other so i cant even touch those as hi highest bid is £10 plus. I stood next to this guy at the benefit gig and he calls himself a fan?

I could ask him to back of but i don't know how to contact him.

I know he has done great things for the band and its fans in turn but this does not help.I will be wearing those badges and spreading the word, surely that's what he would want. Or he could donate that money to Tim and help that way. Hoarding multi copies of things is really selfish. He will never get my stuff as i will always meet who i sell my stuff too.

fair play to you in not wanting him to buy your cds so they never get heard again.

He is voiceless because he has no leg to stand on despite what is written in a certain someone's book.

I will bump up his auctions so he will have to pay maximum for everything!

Myndforest
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Myndforest » Sun Mar 17, 2013 20:13

We will see if Adrian Bell is correct in saying on pg 363 of his wonderful book '...if people e-mailed him asking him to hold off the bidding when a desired item came up on e-Bay, then he would either do so, or if he'd already bid silly money, he'd go ahead and buy it anyway then send it on to the person that really wanted it. More than one person can vouch for this, I know...'

If that is the case then lets not have him TARRED & FEATHERED... That sounds like a reasonable outcome... If on the other hand he continues to bid on ALL 4 of the items I've currently listed and wins ALL 4 then I'll assume Adrian was mistaken... We shall have to see what happens when anyone outbids him...

With respect.

brosephine
Bronze Cardiac

Postby brosephine » Sun Mar 17, 2013 20:14

Yeah, I really don't understand the logic behind buying up everything on eBay. For someone like me who wasn't really around when this stuff was more obtainable, it's an extreme annoyance...