Cardiacs Museum Catalogue Coffee Table Book

The place to discuss Cardiacs memorabilia, rarities, and share pictures of collectible items

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Myndforest
Bronze Cardiac

Cardiacs Museum Catalogue Coffee Table Book

Postby Myndforest » Mon Mar 18, 2013 22:14

My brain is fizzing...
I know these days everyone does everything on line... downloads mp3's (I don't)...Reads books on their Tablets (I don't) and all the record shops disappear and all the bookshops disappear etc...

But why not (with some investment and all the permissions gained) couldn't a lovely Coffee Table book be produced putting together reproductions of YOUSLETTERS and such like from the Fan club, extracts from the pages of Cardiacs website, archive photos, letters, stories from band members and it be issued in perhaps numbered limited edition form signed by various band members and a more standard paperback edition produced...
There is so much source material available from everyone that has contributed to the Mare's Nest and the history of Cardiacs deserves to be available in print... The cash to buy Adrians 'A Little Man & 101 Cardiacs Gigs' lept out of my pocket when I saw it in 'Sister Ray' in London, I was so pleased somebody had taken the time and effort to write it all down... but this is one mans journey and isn't the story of Cardiacs... All of it is in Tim's head but there are plenty of people who have their bits of knowledge and as I say there's plenty of stuff already around that could just all be very nicely reproduced and put together in one wonderful exciting book...
Am I losing the plot or does anyone out there think this is a good idea and something that could be made reality?
Again I don't see it as a way to make anyones fortune (I've still thankfully got a job)... but it could be a co-operative project that could bear fruit and cover its costs plus any profit could once again go towards the rehabilitation of Tim without whom none of us would have had the years of pleasure that listening to Cardiacs, talking about them, going to gigs etc has given us all...
with respect.
Leaving early - just before the hour - a few minutes won't make any difference, not to me anyway... the early bird catches the worm.
I don't really want to go in tomorrow - the man will tell me off for leaving early yesterday...

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Re: Cardiacs Museum Catalogue Coffee Table Book

Postby drterror666 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:47

This would be a very good idea, but I can imagine it would also be migraine inducing trying to pull together all the various threads and people!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Myndforest
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Myndforest » Tue Mar 19, 2013 22:01

Oh! Well... Never mind... It's was a thought I guess... best just forget about it.
Leaving early - just before the hour - a few minutes won't make any difference, not to me anyway... the early bird catches the worm.
I don't really want to go in tomorrow - the man will tell me off for leaving early yesterday...

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11

Having rained on your parade in your New CD thread, I think a glossy coffee table book would be a great idea! I expect the rights issues would be a much smaller minefield. It would likely turn into a full-time job pulling everything together but it could be done.