Black Cardiacs tennis shirt for sale or swap

The place to discuss Cardiacs memorabilia, rarities, and share pictures of collectible items

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Black Cardiacs tennis shirt for sale or swap

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Mon Jan 10, 2011 17:19

I have for sale an all black Cardiacs tennis shirt. I bought it at an Apollo gig in the early-mid 00's. They only had Large left but I went for it (optimistically) anyway and of course it's never really fit me, too tight, so I've never ever, not once, worn it other than to see if it fits me yet. So it's still very black as I haven't ever washed it never having worn it for more than a few seconds. It has the little man house logo on left breast. You can see it here: http://www.cardiacs.com/merchandise/t-shirts/ - called by the US term polo shirt

Waddaya think sell it or exchange it here or sell it on e-bay? :wink: I'd like it to go to a good home :) In other words I don't want to make loads of money out of this "out of stock" item from the mad uber-rich completist on e-bay. I'd like primarily to swap it for another Cardiacs item with another average Cardiacs fan, who isn't made of money. Or even sell it.

I'm prepared to swap it for one or more of the more recent singles/albums that I haven't got. Ditzy Scene, also later ORG CD single with Mr & Mrs & Sea Nymphs tracks or an NSRO CD or anything new by the Stars in B.

Make me an offer via PM cash or swap. Also YOU pay postage (just as with ebay etc.). I say that because anything larger than a letter posted overseas from Sweden costs a lot. This shirt will cost me about £9 alone to post.

Sterbus
mad completist

Re: Black Cardiacs tennis shirt for sale or swap

Postby Sterbus » Mon Jan 10, 2011 21:47

I have th xl one of that - bought at the astoria in 2007 - but my girlfriend did'nt know how to wash it - SHE DOES'NT UNDERSTAND CARDIACS - so now it's almost grey.... but I should do a steady diet to fit an L... so ask someone else otherwise I'll buy it! :D
anything anyplace anywhere for no reason at all
All my music here... http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Mon Jan 10, 2011 22:16

Sterbus wrote:I have th xl one of that - bought at the astoria in 2007 - but my girlfriend did'nt know how to wash it - SHE DOES'NT UNDERSTAND CARDIACS - so now it's almost grey.... but I should do a steady diet to fit an L... so ask someone else otherwise I'll buy it! :D

Sterbus, is it your grlfriend who sounds so great on Dirty Boy with her lovely Italian pronunciation of "Dirty Boy"?

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01

Right, I've had a few offers here. And one from elsewhere.I'll leave the bidding open for a while more to see what comes in before I say yay or nay to anyone.

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 17:05

Stoneage Dinosaurs wrote:
Sterbus wrote:I have th xl one of that - bought at the astoria in 2007 - but my girlfriend did'nt know how to wash it - SHE DOES'NT UNDERSTAND CARDIACS - so now it's almost grey.... but I should do a steady diet to fit an L... so ask someone else otherwise I'll buy it! :D

Sterbus, is it your grlfriend who sounds so great on Dirty Boy with her lovely Italian pronunciation of "Dirty Boy"?

She once was, for a very short while :D but we're good friends now and record something from time to time... she sang (sung?) also on Anything I can't eat and on Rollercoaster on my solo cd...
Her name is Dominique D'Avanzo :)

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Jan 11, 2011 17:27

(
Sterbus wrote:she sang (sung?)

If I may, most humbly, it's I sing, I sang, I have sung. If you know things like that, you know more than most English people.

)

Sterbus
mad completist

Re:

Postby Sterbus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:03

Made Of Worms wrote:(
Sterbus wrote:she sang (sung?)

If I may, most humbly, it's I sing, I sang, I have sung. If you know things like that, you know more than most English people.

)

Ok, I understand, I understood, I have understanded. :?: :D

(must start a thread: english lessons for sterbus)

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Jan 11, 2011 18:23

Heheh, 'have understood', as you know very well young man. It's a bloody mess of a language, we should all speak Turkish really.

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Tue Jan 11, 2011 20:13

Sterbus wrote:

You can tell her from me, she sounds very nice to me!

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:50

Stoneage Dinosaurs wrote:
Sterbus wrote:

You can tell her from me, she sounds very nice to me!

I'll do!
This is her myspace page... the first song, a cover of Madonna's Ray of Light, is something we did in 2003 with a casio keyboard... :)
http://www.myspace.com/nuis

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Wed Jan 12, 2011 14:20

Send her a pic of you standing there wearing only your tight tennis shirt Stoney, you never know.

My friend refers to Joanna Newsom, since I tried to make him like her, as Joanna Nuisance. :)