What's it worth? Cardiacs in the Attic.

The place to discuss Cardiacs memorabilia, rarities, and share pictures of collectible items

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

What's it worth? Cardiacs in the Attic.

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Tue Jan 12, 2010 13:06

A.k.a. Cardiacs in the attic and what I'd be willing to pay for it.

The idea being that we name any Cardiacs product we own, collectable or not, to find out what the other members here would be willing to pay for it in a straight seller-buyer deal if the item were for sale. This gives us a better idea of prices than the inflated collector-crazy prices of e-bay and similar web auction sites. That said perhas we could arrange mini-auction amongst ourselves.

I'll start off with my rarest piece , not for sale incidentally.

Rude Bootleg - vinyl, with insert. VG condition. Cover signed in normal ink by all the Cardiacs members of the day. What am I bid?

psparky27

Re: What's it worth? Cardiacs in the Attic.

Postby psparky27 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 15:04

um £20 i dont have a record player and its not my fav album so im valuing purely on the autographs?

Who wants my set list. very tatty ! Secret xmas gig 1992 the grand clapham?

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Tue Jan 12, 2010 16:43

Twenty quid, twenty quid, I'd be cutting me own throat at that price, d'ya want my wife and seven kids to starve? :D

Not really a collector of musical paper ephemera but for a cardiacs set-list? I'd go to a fiver!

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 17:03

he he , oops i forgot i ran out of toilet paper last week and wipped my bum on it ! the stain does not show in the museum pic !

Meenie
A Dead Pest

Postby Meenie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 18:38

£7.50 if you throw in some dirty underpants!

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Tue Jan 12, 2010 19:45

Stoneage Dinosaurs wrote:Rude Bootleg - vinyl, with insert. VG condition. Cover signed in normal ink by all Cardiacs members of the day. What am I bid?

As it says here, it's worth £25, but you'll have to knock off a tenner for the all the biro.

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 20:03

Christ, I'd make a tidy sum from that lot. What am I bid for a Seaside Treats video, perfect picture quality (for a video), sleeve in EX condition, but not surprising seeing as I keep it inside its own plastic box.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Re:

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Wed Jan 13, 2010 00:42

Gubbins
Jive mutha

Postby Gubbins » Thu May 20, 2010 13:41

I found an Is This The Life? 12 inch vinyl with Eating in Bed and Goosegash for B sides in a charity shop the other day. How rare is it?

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Thu May 20, 2010 15:12

Well the Albums dont go for much more tha £10 but the 12" can fetech up to £30 If you get the right buyer at the right time.

If Mr bigship_irons wants to add it to his extensive collection who knows. There was one not long ago on ebay but its dropped of now so cant give you a given example.

shiroihage
Silver Cardiac

Postby shiroihage » Thu May 20, 2010 16:10

Bit off topic, but I have a CD of Nevermind by Nirvana which I bought the week it came out and the numbers for the songs are misprinted on the back. Surely some twerp on the Net would pay a fortune for that! Anyone know of such twerpishness?

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Thu May 20, 2010 19:57

shiroihage wrote:Bit off topic, but I have a CD of Nevermind by Nirvana which I bought the week it came out and the numbers for the songs are misprinted on the back. Surely some twerp on the Net would pay a fortune for that! Anyone know of such twerpishness?

Are they ? I have that cd too, but i have no idea if it's a misprint.

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Thu May 20, 2010 20:04

Gubbins wrote:I found an Is This The Life? 12 inch vinyl with Eating in Bed and Goosegash for B sides in a charity shop the other day. How rare is it?

I cannot even imagine finding something by Cardiacs in any kind of Earth shop. Let alone a charity shop - it set you back a few pence I guess? Lucky dog!
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Fri May 21, 2010 08:36

how much would i get for my Spratley's Japs ltd postcard.......hand drawn by Tim himself then? (not for sale by the way....just interested)

Gubbins
Jive mutha

Postby Gubbins » Fri May 21, 2010 14:25

schlep wrote:
Gubbins wrote:I found an Is This The Life? 12 inch vinyl with Eating in Bed and Goosegash for B sides in a charity shop the other day. How rare is it?

I cannot even imagine finding something by Cardiacs in any kind of Earth shop. Let alone a charity shop - it set you back a few pence I guess? Lucky dog!

3 pound it set me back. Come to think of it, it's not a charity shop, it's one of them vintage shops where they sell loads of broken crap. Massive vinyl section though, I'm sure there's more goodies lurking in there somewhere but it would take a good couple hours to go through it all and you'd probably only get two or three good ones.