Rarest Cardiacs Collectibles?

The place to discuss Cardiacs memorabilia, rarities, and share pictures of collectible items

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Re:

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Mon Dec 14, 2009 19:17

drterror666 wrote:
djbladdered wrote:Can someone tell me what difference is between Day Is Gone CD and 12"

Nothing, apart from the fact the 12" initially came with the Sea Nymph's Appealing To Venus 7" as a free gift. Saying that, the CD is quite rare and quite expensive when it appears on eBay!

Blimey I'd forgotten about the fact that that 7" was in there!

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Re: Rarest Cardiacs Collectibles?

Postby Batesy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 15:58

Meenie wrote:i have a handmade birthday card from Timmy from when i was 30,it will never leave my secret hiding place.
Best birthday card ever!

Do you happen to have a scanner in your secret hding place?

Meenie
A Dead Pest

Postby Meenie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 18:25

oooh,actually yeah.

i didnt scan it before cos the old scanner was broken,i will get on it and post it up!

Good shout! :)

Meenie
A Dead Pest

Postby Meenie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 19:22

it is now in the "members things" thread

GreenPig
New fish

Postby GreenPig » Wed Jan 06, 2010 15:55

I've got two original Mares Nest videos and the Seaside Treats vid both of which I lovingly committed to DVD 4 or 5 years ago. Still adoringly watched repeatedly. I know the latter don't count but I bet there aren't many of them!

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 20:42

Well, there's a good chance that at least one of these will be officially coming out on DVD this year (pending Tim's health). I wish they'd put all the videos on DVD :D
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Sun Jan 10, 2010 14:56

GreenPig wrote:I've got two original Mares Nest videos and the Seaside Treats vid both of which I lovingly committed to DVD 4 or 5 years ago. Still adoringly watched repeatedly. I know the latter don't count but I bet there aren't many of them!

I have Maresnest and Seaside Treats on dvd :mrgreen:

GreenPig
New fish

Postby GreenPig » Tue Jan 12, 2010 23:58

A joy to watch again and again and again and again and again.

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Wed Jan 13, 2010 09:31

I've got the Mares Nest video as well, but my rarest video is one that I bought off you know who (for those of you who know, I can never remember his name :D ) in Camden, when he still had his stall there in the street, back in about 94. It contains two Sea Nymphs gigs and one C gig.
special for me because one of the SN gigs was at The Monarch and I was there & you can see the back of my head.
It has a nice B & W cover with loads of band pictures. And a green A5 insert with all the band line-ups from the very beginning neatly written out.

ChristAlive
New fish

Postby ChristAlive » Wed Nov 17, 2010 15:45

Have signed photo from band - 1984 - along with hand-written letter from Tim congratulating me on joining the fan club. Also came with sunflower seeds and instructions from Sarah on how to grow them!
Records - have most stuff - but wouldn't even think of selling. Amazed at some prices on Amazon or have I mis-read it?

Myndforest
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Myndforest » Fri Mar 22, 2013 02:05

How about a copy of Steve Hillage's 'Fish Rising' signed by Timmy!!!

I was lucky enough to chat to Tim at the aftershow party when GONG played the Forum on 15th June 2007. I had a copy of the CD Inlay for 'Fish Rising' with me and Timmy asked me if he could sign it 'In my best handwriting...' because 'I always fancied Lindsay Cooper'... I couldn't see a problem with that... so he wrote 'I Love Lindsay ! Timmy xx' on the back cover where Lindsays picture features... I tried inserting an image of it here (using the Img thingy) but it didn't seem to want to do it...
Leaving early - just before the hour - a few minutes won't make any difference, not to me anyway... the early bird catches the worm.
I don't really want to go in tomorrow - the man will tell me off for leaving early yesterday...

brosephine
Bronze Cardiac

Postby brosephine » Fri Mar 22, 2013 02:11

Myndforest wrote:How about a copy of Steve Hillage's 'Fish Rising' signed by Timmy!!!

I was lucky enough to chat to Tim at the aftershow party when GONG played the Forum on 15th June 2007. I had a copy of the CD Inlay for 'Fish Rising' with me and Timmy asked me if he could sign it 'In my best handwriting...' because 'I always fancied Lindsay Cooper'... I couldn't see a problem with that... so he wrote 'I Love Lindsay ! Timmy xx' on the back cover where Lindsays picture features... I tried inserting an image of it here (using the Img thingy) but it didn't seem to want to do it...

Upload easily here: http://www.imgur.com and share the URL! :)

Myndforest
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Myndforest » Fri Mar 22, 2013 02:17

Does this work? http://imgur.com/ltlt5D3 It doesn't look from the preview like it appears on the page... I get a bit scared when I end up on one of these uploading sites...
Leaving early - just before the hour - a few minutes won't make any difference, not to me anyway... the early bird catches the worm.
I don't really want to go in tomorrow - the man will tell me off for leaving early yesterday...

brosephine
Bronze Cardiac

Postby brosephine » Fri Mar 22, 2013 02:20

Myndforest wrote:Does this work? http://imgur.com/ltlt5D3 It doesn't look from the preview like it appears on the page... I get a bit scared when I end up on one of these uploading sites...

That works but it's very small!

That site is one of the few sites worth trusting :)

Myndforest
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Myndforest » Fri Mar 22, 2013 19:03

I've checked the link. It's about the same size as the original - it's a detail of part of the back cover of the CD showing Timmys comment and signature.
With Respect