Guns

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

User avatar
Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 23:22
Location: A little house by the Whole World Window

Re: Guns

Postby Snardbafulator » Fri Apr 11, 2014 21:43

psparky27 wrote:It 100% clear he means the post above

If that's the case, then you need to do what I did and demonstrate it with a concretely grounded textual argument instead of merely asserting it.
but you just dont like to admit you are wrong.

Dude ... ask Sir Tech. Ask Sir M. Ask Bubby, who I've gone round and round with over issues much more significant than this. I admit when I'm wrong constantly. And I'm wrong quite a lot.
The proof is as you stated. He quotes the "annoying exchange " and comments on it.

Yes. Which I had no part of. Earlier in the thread I wrote a fairly big post making one half of Wormsie's argument about the ridiculousness of judging originality through tiny contexts.
So why not put the "cvnt" afterwards? thus avoiding arrows ? You do know you can talk about two earlier posts in two different ways !

That's an extremely poor argument because it's speculative. The "you two" and the direct quote clearly defines the reference of the arrows. Besides which, the placement of the C-word is entirely irrelevant because it wouldn't change the reference. The arrows are quite trumped.
Trust me. He meant me and you

On the basis of what, exactly? Why should I invent a reason to be "mad" at Worms when one clearly doesn't exist because we're making the same point about judging an outchorus?

What's with all this "let's you and him fight?"
but I am happy to agree to disagree as I know worms and his want to be as offensive as clippa.

I don't think Worms would have been "offensive" even if he did direct that at me.
Difference is thats just who Clippa is :)

My goodness, now we're discussing the true essence of people we "know" on the internet?

C'mon, now ...

Bob
Deconstructing conventional wisdom since the birth of punk

User avatar
Bubby
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25

Re: Guns

Postby Bubby » Fri Apr 11, 2014 21:45


User avatar
Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 23:22
Location: A little house by the Whole World Window

Re: Guns

Postby Snardbafulator » Fri Apr 11, 2014 21:50

Bubby wrote:Personally I don't find worms or clippa offensive in the least. I seem to remember a couple of posters making similar remarks about clippa aaaaaaaaaages back, but it was quite clear they were being massively over sensitive to his admittedly sometimes acerbic but obviously jokey posting style.

Totally agreed.

Bob
Deconstructing conventional wisdom since the birth of punk

psparky27

Re: Guns

Postby psparky27 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 21:59

Snardbafulator wrote:
psparky27 wrote:It 100% clear he means the post above

If that's the case, then you need to do what I did and demonstrate it with a concretely grounded textual argument instead of merely asserting it.
but you just dont like to admit you are wrong.

Dude ... ask Sir Tech. Ask Sir M. Ask Bubby, who I've gone round and round with over issues much more significant than this. I admit when I'm wrong constantly. And I'm wrong quite a lot.
The proof is as you stated. He quotes the "annoying exchange " and comments on it.

Yes. Which I had no part of. Earlier in the thread I wrote a fairly big post making one half of Wormsie's argument about the ridiculousness of judging originality through tiny contexts.
So why not put the "cvnt" afterwards? thus avoiding arrows ? You do know you can talk about two earlier posts in two different ways !

That's an extremely poor argument because it's speculative. The "you two" and the direct quote clearly defines the reference of the arrows. Besides which, the placement of the C-word is entirely irrelevant because it wouldn't change the reference. The arrows are quite trumped.
Trust me. He meant me and you

On the basis of what, exactly? Why should I invent a reason to be "mad" at Worms when one clearly doesn't exist because we're making the same point about judging an outchorus?

What's with all this "let's you and him fight?"
but I am happy to agree to disagree as I know worms and his want to be as offensive as clippa.

I don't think Worms would have been "offensive" even if he did direct that at me.
Difference is thats just who Clippa is :)

My goodness, now we're discussing the true essence of people we "know" on the internet?

C'mon, now ...


Bob


Ha ha ok :) but the thing is worms was offensive by calling two people cvnts.?

It's fine you keep believing what you think even though the arrows totally undermine what you think ! Unless your thinking that worms was pointing to another post.....that could be it because he wouldn't be able to quote that particular post and then comment after it ! Oh yeah he did that didn't he ?

I think its that age old problem when checking back over your own work. Its hard to spot your own mistakes as you never see them as an error in the first place.

Yes I get you may say the same to me :)

To finalize arrows pointing up refer to the comments above. Simple . end of! None of it could mean this or that ...no it means the comment above :) You argument is just a little circumstantial 8)

psparky27

Re: Guns

Postby psparky27 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:01

Snardbafulator wrote:
Bubby wrote:Personally I don't find worms or clippa offensive in the least. I seem to remember a couple of posters making similar remarks about clippa aaaaaaaaaages back, but it was quite clear they were being massively over sensitive to his admittedly sometimes acerbic but obviously jokey posting style.

Totally agreed.

Bob


Then again racists don't find other racists prejudiced?

User avatar
Bubby
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25

Re: Guns

Postby Bubby » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:03

Get help man.

psparky27

Re: Guns

Postby psparky27 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:10

Bubby wrote:Get help man.


What for. Derek and clive were funny in the 70's for saying cvnt as no one said cvnt. Cvnt was just not ready to be unleashed ...not even a big hairy cvnt :)

These days if you really think saying a swear word over and over again is funny then its back to being a teenager for you :roll:

User avatar
Bubby
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25

Re: Guns

Postby Bubby » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:16

These days if you really think saying a swear word over and over again is funny then its back to being a teenager for you


Image

psparky27

Re: Guns

Postby psparky27 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:25

Image

User avatar
Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 23:22
Location: A little house by the Whole World Window

Re: Guns

Postby Snardbafulator » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:30

psparky27 wrote:Ha ha ok :) but the thing is worms was offensive by calling two people cvnts.?

Dude ... full disclosure: I was a moderator on freenode, the British IRC network which provides support for the open source software community. I was also a mod on RawStory, which is an American progressive news aggregator. I have seen and been victim of acts of cyber-evil that would make you unplug your computer permanently. And the very first thing you learn as a moderator is not to go out of your way to take offense at things. Meanings are ambiguous.

Yes, being offended is subjective. And I'd suggest to you if you're really that offended by Worms's use of the C-word, that you write an email to Frostbyte and complain about it, because nobody else here appears to share your view. He's the one who sets the standards. Your Braveheart rallying against verbal oppression to the peanut gallery is falling on deaf ears.
It's fine you keep believing what you think even though the arrows totally undermine what you think ! Unless your thinking that worms was pointing to another post.....that could be it because he wouldn't be able to quote that particular post and then comment after it ! Oh yeah he did that didn't he ?

Dude, you're just being obtuse. Quotes and words are concrete referents; arrows are not.
I think its that age old problem when checking back over your own work. Its hard to spot your own mistakes as you never see them as an error in the first place.

Yes I get you may say the same to me :)

On the extremely odd chance that anyone else will have bothered to read and follow this supremely pointless exchange, they won't agree with you. It's really that simple.
To finalize arrows pointing up refer to the comments above. Simple . end of! None of it could mean this or that ...no it means the comment above :) You argument is just a little circumstantial 8)

My argument is entirely concrete.

Bob
Deconstructing conventional wisdom since the birth of punk

psparky27

Re: Guns

Postby psparky27 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:38

Well if words are concrete and words are made from letters which are in essence symbols then an arrow is concrete too. Again you undermine your own argument.

As stated in earlier post about racism and sexism etc etc your answer to that is just don't get offended. Oh dear you really are from the dark ages! well done you for learning not being offended helps you move on. If only we was all like you the world would be a much better place .

You argument is full of many flaws and now you are just looking like you are trying to back track.

You really would buy rocking horse shit from yourself wouldn't you?

psparky27

Re: Guns

Postby psparky27 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:40

I reckon we could get this to ten pages if we tried .
Image

psparky27

Re: Guns

Postby psparky27 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:45

or maybe ...

Image

psparky27

Re: Guns

Postby psparky27 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:47

On a lighter note..... my Mr and Mrs Smith and Mr drake turned up today!

What a lovely cd that is x

cactus
Bronze Cardiac
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:11

Re: Guns

Postby cactus » Fri Apr 11, 2014 22:57

I had a dream last night that I climbed to the top of some kind of mystic buddhist tower which had a gift shop in the top level that sold Cardiacs albums. They had lots of weird cd singles for sale but I was most interested in getting Mr & Mrs Smith and Mr Drake. I seemed to spend a lot of time in the dream just staring at the cover, but woke up before I bought it. This was a couple of days after I realised (while awake) how great 'Camouflage' is.

Must get round to buying the album, as I only have a download of the tape version (though someone did point out this version has a lovely 'warm' feel).

And since this is the Guns thread, I bloody love Guns!