Where have you seen a Cardiacs t-shirt?

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Fugazi
Diamond Cardiac

Where have you seen a Cardiacs t-shirt?

Postby Fugazi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59

I thought it was time to revive this thread, one of the victims of the Great Thread Masscacre of 2012 :roll:

(I didn't think it necessary to do this after the Bull and Gate shindig because, well, pretty much everyone there was in a Cardiacs t-shirt, so it kind of wasn't surprising :wink: )

Where? Rock City, Nottingham, on Saturday night. Providing the evenings jollifications were the Eureka Machines and the Wildhearts, both bands with Cardiacs connections. I was stood at the top of the stairs into the main hall (in a LMAAH t-shirt), rolling myself a ciggy, when someone passes by and says something like "hey, cool t-shirt there mate!". The chap himself was in in LMAAH/ABC logo shirt, hurrah! ::D

Handshakes and introductions were made with Chris (who from his facebook cover picture appears to be a Porcupine Tree fan so double bonus points there mate :D )

Oh, and that Jon Poole was there too, playing bass and stuff 8)

cheers

Steve

edit : Ooooooohhh I'm all (No) gold now :razz: :D

Lord of the Badgers
All Spectacular

Re: Where have you seen a Cardiacs t-shirt?

Postby Lord of the Badgers » Sun Apr 21, 2013 01:52

is this a chance for me to wheel out my "chatting to Steven Wilson about Cardiacs" story again? :)

my mate bumped into a drummer in his samba wanderings in Brum recently who was sporting a natty big flower shirt. That anyone on here?

Does samba drumming and cardiacs liking actually work as a thing?
Rob Is The Lord Of The Badgers Is Rob

my band of folky miscreants

Fugazi
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fugazi » Thu May 23, 2013 12:24

I was wandering through the O2 Academy in Birmingham last night, LMAAH t-shirt adorning my grubby torso, aiming for the bar whilst waiting for The Specials to come on stage, when the guy running the merchandise stand calls me over with a "Hey - is that a Cardiacs t-shirt? Fantastic band!"

We had a good old chat and I brought him up to date with the latest developments in the world of Cardiacs. Turns out he sort of knows Sarah a bit as well :D

Could've talked for longer but he had a job to do, a queue was building up and his co-worker was sending some "get-back-to-work" looks ::roll:

cheers

Steve

Fugazi
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fugazi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 16:08

Me, LMAAH t-shirt, spotted again - three different people at Download Festival :rock: on Saturday saw me and came up and expressed their love and admiration for them Cardiacs. :D

Pondies are lovely people :D

cheers

Steve

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Fri Nov 08, 2013 15:02

Does anyone know Adam?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/geor ... spaces/4od

You have to sit through two minutes of ads at the start, and Adam's t-shirt only makes the briefest appearance at 03:10, and then more adverts to make it to 40:05 to see more proudly displayed loyalty, plus his brilliant finished bus. I shall look out for it. Comin' down yur with their awful musical tastes.

Fugazi
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fugazi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 15:24

One for Dr Terror here :D

LMAAH T-shirt sported by Voivod guitarist Daniel Mongrain :

Some article here about them but French is all Greek to me...

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/arts-e ... -forme.php

cheers

Steve

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Sat Apr 05, 2014 15:25

Awesome! Loved the 'Vod since Dimension Hatross era an i have to say, they're some pretty heavy and emotionally resonant boots this chaps filling. The t-shirt alone says its all ok :) :rock:

xM
last one out turn off the lights.

spanstick
Gold Cardiac

Postby spanstick » Sat Apr 05, 2014 17:45

great photo is all i can say!

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Snardbafulator » Sun Apr 06, 2014 01:22

And we know that Kavus requites the love!

He called the Nothingface / Dimension Hatross era closer to Stravinsky than rock 'n' roll.

Bob
Deconstructing conventional wisdom since the birth of punk

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 16:24

Get Target: Earth, the new album. You won't regret it. It's a mix of styles from right across their musical template.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

snowman
Cardiacs Expert

Postby snowman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:11

Two Cardiacs T-shirts seen at the Secret Chiefs 3 gig in Elephant & Castle yesterday. Given the size of the venue, I can only surmise that Cardiacs fans are rapidly interbreeding and taking over the world.

And a Guapo T-shirt.

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Sep 16, 2014 22:31

I was at the Levellers' festy last month and the Sunday fancy dress theme was "black and white" which made shirt selection easy enough. I wore my long sleeved daisy which proved too warm underneath my black satin shirt so I tied it around my waist with the daisy hanging down the back instead. Later I spotted a likely cove also wearing a daisy so I pointed and smiled at him, turned my back, bent over and wiggled my shapely behind at him. He looked nonplussed. That's how I realised my arse-flower was in fact obscured by the tails of my satin shirt.

chaffinch
Bronze Cardiac

Postby chaffinch » Tue Sep 16, 2014 23:07

I saw a Cardiacs t-shirt on, of all things, BBC 4's Metal Britannia the other day. Right at the end there was a shot of some kid sitting on his bed wearing said item.

Sorry, that's not very interesting really.

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Snardbafulator » Tue Sep 16, 2014 23:56

chaffinch wrote:I saw a Cardiacs t-shirt on, of all things, BBC 4's Metal Britannia the other day. Right at the end there was a shot of some kid sitting on his bed wearing said item.

Hey, I'm sure it would make Dr T. feel all warm inside, for one ::D

It's always good to see fans of different genres show some Cardiacs love. It's not all progheads (or avant prog freakazoids like Yours Truly), unreconstructed punx, post punk art rockers, Zappa fanatics, alt-rockers looking for a truly genuine alternative, psychedelic tripsters or any other genre or subgenre fan who are exclusively drawn to Cardiacs. Bring on the headbangerz!

Bob
Deconstructing conventional wisdom since the birth of punk

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:29

chaffinch wrote:I saw a Cardiacs t-shirt on, of all things, BBC 4's Metal Britannia the other day. Right at the end there was a shot of some kid sitting on his bed wearing said item.

Wasn't that 'kid' Shane Embury of Napalm Death? The BBC like to recycle that footage wherever possible. I didn't actually watch it, but I remember seeing it on the BBC a long time ago. Napalm Death are famous for championing anything Cardiacs.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!