A little disc in a box...

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

clippa
Cardiacs Expert

Postby clippa » Mon Jan 29, 2007 16:35

My friend asked me to make a cd with the emphasis on accessible. I don't think it won him over but the tracklisting was
Flap Off You Beak
Dog-like sparky
All Spectacular
RES (live)
Big Ship
Blind in Safety and Leafy in Love
Everything is Easy
Insect hoofs on Lassie
Manhoo
Tarred and Feathered
The Leader Of The Starry Skies
Gina Lollabridgida (live)
Spell With A Shell
Clean That Evil Mud Out Your Soul

That was my one that I done. No fiery gun hand for me either but he's a sensitive soul and I was frightened that when the guitars start folding in on themselves at the end, it would all be too much. Maybe I should have stuck it near the end.

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Mon Jan 29, 2007 21:49

The Whole World Window could go on an 'accessible' comp I figure; no tricky time signatures, sounds a little Bowie/Ziggyish...
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today

Ally Craig
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Ally Craig » Mon Jan 29, 2007 22:05

schlep wrote:The Whole World Window could go on an 'accessible' comp I figure; no tricky time signatures, sounds a little Bowie/Ziggyish...

This is true, I was considering putting it right at the end of my compilation, but the Ages divide would mean that would break a rule... I imagine I'll foist a copy of the whole album on my friend at some point, A Little Man is probably the most accessible of Cardiacs albums, especially with the nice production. It's never too harsh on the ear, even if the music itself gets a bit mental.