The very first Cardiacs song you heard and...

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Chinners
Flower shop girl that sells tat

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 16, 2007 17:37

Inner City Lining is a true masterpiece and sums up perfectly the early days sound/writting pattern . . . .
I saw a cluster of DOGS

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Jan 16, 2007 17:44

Yeah, it's so easy now to see what was being done to me. :toimonster:

Actually the bastard used Leader Of The Starry Skies quite early on in this softly softly brainwashing process, and it both annoyed the fubb out of me and hooked me further.

God Sarah looks sexy in that Sea Nymphs gig. Just starting to fill out a bit. I'm sorry, we're all above that sort of comment aren't we.
Last edited by Made Of Worms on Tue Jan 16, 2007 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Tue Jan 16, 2007 17:47

Made Of Worms wrote:
So has anyone started this "Least favourite songs" thread yet then?

I'm going to have a look back, 'cos it turned up mid-thread somewhere, and i'll start it, copying my 'daring' admission as a kick-off.

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Tue Jan 16, 2007 17:49

Made Of Worms wrote:Yeah, it's so easy now to see what was being done to me. :toimonster:

God Sarah looks sexy in that Sea Nymphs gig. Just starting to fill out a bit. I'm sorry, we're all above that sort of comment aren't we.

Heh, I've thought about starting a Who Fancies Sarah thread but then thought it would "lower the tone" and scare away the few females we have here at the 'Nest!
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today

brother abnego
"To log off and things"

Postby brother abnego » Tue Jan 16, 2007 17:49

dogs999 wrote:
Made Of Worms wrote:
So has anyone started this "Least favourite songs" thread yet then?

I'm going to have a look back, 'cos it turned up mid-thread somewhere, and i'll start it, copying my 'daring' admission as a kick-off.

...I went on at length somewhere about hating 'Spinney'....that can go into the 'Least Favourite songs ' whicker man too...

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Jan 16, 2007 17:50

dogs999 wrote: i'll start it

Ah, sorry old bean, just bin and dun it.

Gubbins
Jive mutha

Postby Gubbins » Tue Jan 16, 2007 18:27

Engine Ear wrote:i used to hate suzzanahs still alive but then i found out it was a kinks cover. i hate it more now. smegging kinks...

no gold is a bit directionless and dull..
quite a few tracks on Guns are the same. like the are quite slow and plodding and dont reaaally go anywhere, and they just lack that brilliant energy and mad fury that makes cardiacs Cardiacs!

oh!! leader of the starry skys! thats a rubbish one! the main guitar riff is really grating and annoying! haha i think this post is gonna piss a lorra folks off! ah well... somebody had to say it!

Guns is fantastic. Simple as. Criminally underrated.

brother abnego
"To log off and things"

Postby brother abnego » Tue Jan 16, 2007 18:29

four words... 'Come Back Clammy Lammy'...that one might actually be the best Cardiacs stomper ever...

Gubbins
Jive mutha

Postby Gubbins » Tue Jan 16, 2007 18:31

abnego wrote:four words... 'Come Back Clammy Lammy'...that one might actually be the best Cardiacs stomper ever...

What I can't get over about Guns is how it sounds like a progressive version of what is considered cutting edge now. And it was released what... 8 years ago now. So almost a decade ago they were miles ahead of what is cutting edge now. It's sickening.

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Tue Jan 16, 2007 18:38

schlep wrote:Heh, I've thought about starting a Who Fancies Sarah thread but then thought it would "lower the tone" and scare away the few females we have here at the 'Nest!

Speak for yourself mate...female Cardiacs fans have balls you know... :D

You would be better starting a 'Who Doesn't Fancy Sarah' thread...less traffic there... :wink:

clippa
Cardiacs Expert

Postby clippa » Tue Jan 16, 2007 18:51

I remember a lot of people wanted to BE sarah in that "who do you want to be" thread. I think everyone just fancied flouncing about in a tiara.

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Jan 16, 2007 19:02

I've a feeling she's the sort girls admire, in a not quite admitting to outright sapphic drooling kind of way :yawinkle:.

Loved your previous "found a bit of hair sticking out and pulled her out of the garden" comment garland. All that remains to be decided is whether to carve her into an ornament or to make a nice casserole. Both I guess. Although she's a witch now so if I don't post again you'll know I've been turned ironically into a pumpkin.

Engine Ear
New fish

Postby Engine Ear » Tue Jan 16, 2007 19:05

spinney is a great song tho! what couldnt you love about it?!

guns is such a hit n miss album tho, like will bleed amen is definately a hit.. and what a hit it is!! but when the tracks are 'misses' they really do miss by miles. the hits make up for the misses tho. that was a roundabout way of saying its 'ok' but still. y'know. muse are just a low-rent radiohead andrew... so up yours fatty :P

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Tue Jan 16, 2007 19:07

Made Of Worms wrote:Loved your previous "found a bit of hair sticking out and pulled her out of the garden" comment garland.

I bumped into that again today -- it's a little cracker !

Made Of Worms wrote:Although she's a witch now

Really, or are you just having one of your little jokes Worms ?

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Tue Jan 16, 2007 19:11

I think Tim said she's studying to be a "full-on witch" in one of those interviews at cardiacs.com
heh
Do you know what I mean to say

I meant to say to you today

A day goes by I try thats why

I try to speak to you today