Nighttracks

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

frostbyte
"oh engineer....."

Postby frostbyte » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:01

wasnt there a Nine Inch Nails cd with 99 empty 7 second tracks before you got to the last few which were actual songs?

i also have an LP with an endless last groove, quite funny.

i also have a record which has 2 grooves on each side, so it always guessing which songs youre gonna hear.
that quite freaked me out when i played it for the second time and comletely different songs came out!!
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:03

i also have a record which has 2 grooves on each side, so it always guessing which songs youre gonna hear.
that quite freaked me out when i played it for the second time and comletely different songs came out!!

I have a Monty Python album which does that - I had it for a good six months before hearing the 'third' side. I honestly thought I weas losing it!

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:08

frostbyte wrote:wasnt there a Nine Inch Nails cd with 99 empty 7 second tracks before you got to the last few which were actual songs?

i also have an LP with an endless last groove, quite funny.

One of the Marillion albums has that too, 2 grooves. I think it was Brave.

frostbyte
"oh engineer....."

Postby frostbyte » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:12

another funny record i have, its the worlds shortest 7"

it has "Napalm Death - you suffer" on side A and "Electrohippies - Mega armageddon death" on side B. |Both are 1 second songs. the rest of the vinyl is filled up with drawings and stuff.
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:20

i know this one ain't as good as the others,but on the recent lemon jelly cd if you press manual rewind when you start playing it,you get some extra few seconds of ramblings from this old guy-kinda weird.

Bubby
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Bubby » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:28

Batesy wrote:I liked the way Blur hid a track on their last album Think Tank - you put the CD in, press play then scan backwards and there's a hidden track before the first song. It's a crap track so I can see why they hid it but I like the idea...

See also: SFA's Guerilla and Songs For The Deaf by QOTSA

ps: the queens one is a waste of time.

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:12

Dapper Swindler wrote:
Batesy wrote:I liked the way Blur hid a track on their last album Think Tank - you put the CD in, press play then scan backwards and there's a hidden track before the first song. It's a crap track so I can see why they hid it but I like the idea...

Really?? I don't have the QOTSA album but I like the SFA album - I've had it since it came out and had no idea there was a hidden track!! Might tell my boss I'm sick and race home to play it!

Ally Craig
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Ally Craig » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:46

the rewindy hidden track thingy is also on Oceansize - Everyone Into Position (the hidden track is also the b-side on the 7" of New Pin, I think), and the re-release of Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen (they put the "I got your hidden track riiiight heeeere man!" bit there instead of at the end like it is on the original version)

and if you reverse from the last track of the second Kula Shaker album (which is one second of silence), you get seven minutes of bird noises and sitar shite. that was the first hidden track of that style that I ever discovered.

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:50

hey i just went and tried that qotsa cd-wish i hadn't bothered

Meenie
A Dead Pest

Postby Meenie » Fri Oct 13, 2006 19:05

Batesy wrote:
Classic! you just dont get that sort of thing these days

I liked the way Blur hid a track on their last album Think Tank - you put the CD in, press play then scan backwards and there's a hidden track before the first song. It's a crap track so I can see why they hid it but I like the idea...

Super furry animals did that on out spaced,that was a mediocre track too if i remember right.

we Meenies were asked if we wanted to do anything like that for our album but i am soooo boooored of secret bloody tracks now that we said F*@k off,politely though of course.

Bubby
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Bubby » Fri Oct 13, 2006 23:03

Batesy wrote:
Dapper Swindler wrote:

Really??

Yep, it's called The Citizens Band and it sounds like Jethro Tull*, not a bad number as it happens.

Just remembered there's one (well two actually, but don't get too excited) on Ash's 1977 album and an incredible 5 or so seconds of ambient tinkling before the first track on Pulp's This Is Hardcore album which for utter pointlesness clearly beats the aforementioned Queens one...

*note-this could be bollocks

i take it everyone has heard that hidden track of Jim Smith singing 'My Old Mans A Dustman' then? Can't remember which album it's on though, check yer discs.

dog like marky
All Spectacular

Postby dog like marky » Sat Oct 14, 2006 01:25

On 1977 is that the vomitty thing at the end or is there another?
Yet more mis-spelled long winded waffle without Grammar