Nighttracks

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

dog like marky
All Spectacular

Nighttracks

Postby dog like marky » Wed Oct 11, 2006 01:27

has anyone got an original copy cos i have a quick question about it
if you look on the runout is the word Adreniline engraved on it as i suspect it has?
If it has i could have pulled loads of copys of it out of a skip across the road from where i went to school had i known about Cardiacs at that time with all the other Strange fruit stuff i got from them .......most of it was playable too with just a small crackle or label defect deeming them scrap
instead im in the position of not even hearing it yet
Yet more mis-spelled long winded waffle without Grammar

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Wed Oct 11, 2006 08:11

I answered that yesterday, before all hell broke loose.
No, it hasn't. It has the cataloque number ingraved, and something else, but i will look again when i get home.

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:32

If I remember rightly...the answer to the question was no... :?

Mark Boyle
All Spectacular

Re: Nighttracks

Postby Mark Boyle » Wed Oct 11, 2006 23:33

If the word is "Adreniline", my guess is it will have something to do with the late lamented Goth band Rosetta Stone, possibly someone that had produced one of their singles...

dog like marky
All Spectacular

Postby dog like marky » Thu Oct 12, 2006 00:16

Cheers for looking the Adrenalin(sorry spelt it wrong the first time)its a reference to the company who pressed a lot of the old strange fruit stuff (peel sessions etc)and its usually on the pressing on the run out
as an footnote has anyone spent an hour or so looking at the runouts of all their records for hidden messages some are funny some are a bit rude too others are obvious but as an example heaven born has... Walk in shadow walk in dread loose fish walk like one dead scratched into it ...........or am i just sad?

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Thu Oct 12, 2006 00:23

dog like marky wrote:...........or am i just sad?

Uh huh... :roll: :wink:

dog like marky
All Spectacular

Postby dog like marky » Thu Oct 12, 2006 00:30

Yup.....but i bet your tempted to have a sly look tho while no-ones looking

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Thu Oct 12, 2006 00:59

dog like marky wrote:Yup.....but i bet your tempted to have a sly look tho while no-ones looking

Eh no...I sold it to someone else... :wink:

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:24

Pet Lamb wrote:
dog like marky wrote:Yup.....but i bet your tempted to have a sly look tho while no-ones looking

Eh no...I sold it to someone else... :wink:

Hehehe 8)

Did you know that there's a hidden (backwards) message on Pink FLoyd's The Wall ?

dog like marky
All Spectacular

Postby dog like marky » Thu Oct 12, 2006 20:29

Nope give us a clue? ive got the album but even i aint that bad and my finger will get tired

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 20:44

has anyone spent an hour or so looking at the runouts of all their records for hidden messages some are funny some are a bit rude too others are obvious but as an example heaven born has... Walk in shadow walk in dread loose fish walk like one dead scratched into it ...........or am i just sad?

:lol: :lol: I went a step further and spent ages listing them so I could post them here - I got as far as the Day is Gone ep before deciding that actually, no-one would give f*ck! (Except perhaps you and I Marky...)

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Thu Oct 12, 2006 21:10

dog like marky wrote:Nope give us a clue? ive got the album but even i aint that bad and my finger will get tired

In 'Empty Spaces' it says: "Congratulations! You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Charlesfort."

I actually played the record backwards in the 80's.

And of course, what i still find brilliant is, that the record ends with the first part of the sentence that was completed in the first song of the record: 'isn't this where w[e came in?]'
I always found that spooky.

dog like marky
All Spectacular

Postby dog like marky » Fri Oct 13, 2006 01:44

Classic! you just dont get that sort of thing these days .I still like me records theres something precious about spinning a big old bit of plastic
I never noticed that floyd start finish thing will have dust it down and check it out again
Ive never found any hidden messages but did have a chuckle at an old Lawnmower Deth album once. The last track on side A continued into the run out and the last riff would continue till the needle cut the record in half if you let it carry on.

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Fri Oct 13, 2006 08:16

dog like marky wrote:Classic! you just dont get that sort of thing these days .I still like me records theres something precious about spinning a big old bit of plastic
I never noticed that floyd start finish thing will have dust it down and check it out again
Ive never found any hidden messages but did have a chuckle at an old Lawnmower Deth album once. The last track on side A continued into the run out and the last riff would continue till the needle cut the record in half if you let it carry on.

Isn't it great that you still discover new things about that record, even after, what ? 26 years or so.. :)

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58

Classic! you just dont get that sort of thing these days

I liked the way Blur hid a track on their last album Think Tank - you put the CD in, press play then scan backwards and there's a hidden track before the first song. It's a crap track so I can see why they hid it but I like the idea...