How to own everything? (ethically, quickly, cheaply)

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Re: How to own everything? (ethically, quickly, cheaply)

Postby seventies » Fri Jul 27, 2012 14:49

psparky27 wrote:Yeah its not good.

But its not what people are asking for (well not all of them) its what people are willing to pay :(

I think I have sussed what going on with these bids:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0706080487

The two retracted bids look like someone is trying to find out the higher level of the autobider. I think therefore they could go in at last min knowing what value is needed. I'm not sure as with sniper progammes you don't need to do this?

Yeah, hard to blame the seller for just selling to the highest bidder... they're not "asking" for these amounts.

Anyone who is testing the high bidder should be reported... that is ridiculous.

I only snipe, and that is against the spirit of sniping - Bid once, bid late, bid high.

Does this person not understand proxy bidding? Decide what is the absolute most you will pay, and bid that amount - it's that simple. If the auction ends and you don't win, and you're left disappointed, it means you were willing to pay more, so why didn't you?

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 15:58

some good points there seventies.

I see vol 2 of the garage concerts is on their twice. i hope you get to win one of them at least.

i was close to selling you the ones i have but its just so tough. I managed to get through to my next pay check. I hope you dont think i was leading you on. I have been thinking about doing for a while.

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Fri Jul 27, 2012 17:16

psparky27 wrote:some good points there seventies.

I see vol 2 of the garage concerts is on their twice. i hope you get to win one of them at least.

i was close to selling you the ones i have but its just so tough. I managed to get through to my next pay check. I hope you dont think i was leading you on. I have been thinking about doing for a while.

oh no, not at all. Anyone a big enough fan to be on these message boards, I would just take their talk of selling as "thinking out loud" unless/until they actually do it :D

I think considering there are two out there now, one of them will have to end up mine.

he's selling the two Mikrokosmos albums as well. I thought I'd have to shell out for these limited edition albums (500 of each were produced) - but I went to ignatia recordings and they still actually had them in stock!

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 15:12

psparky27 wrote:I see vol 2 of the garage concerts is on their twice. i hope you get to win one of them at least.

i was close to selling you the ones i have but its just so tough.

You'll never sell them, never, ever, ever!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Wed Aug 01, 2012 21:30

I did it! Got the Garage Concerts! It took a lot of cash but I didn’t know when I’d have another chance.

Also got OLW even though I didn’t expect to. It stayed in a reasonable range.

After I have it safely in my hands, does anyone want a perfectly good copy burned off of itunes? The covers are printed off and look almost real, and the CD is even burned with lightscribe technology with the original disc design. Just pay postage and it’s yours.

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:11

Well done at getting OLW, seventies. I'm glad you got the Garage Concerts as well, because they are brilliant!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 21:37

Well done :) Im glad you have got those babies now !

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Thu Aug 02, 2012 21:52

psparky27 wrote:Well done :) Im glad you have got those babies now !

they are going to be my babies literally. I plan to dress them, feed them and take them to the park.

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:41

I remember that when I got the CD's, I ripped them to my MP3 player and those headphones stayed on my head for months!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Sun Aug 05, 2012 22:04

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... SS:CA:1123

Is there any reason for me to get this? It seems I already own all these songs on CD now.

Can someone who has it please clarify? Are there any alternate versions or edits, or are these all the same as on the Sea Nymphs and Mrs and Mrs CDs?

Also, this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... ink:top:en

Melancholy World and Freedom and Love are both songs I own on CD. Large Life is on the Affectionate Friends CD, as Lake of Puppies though. Are any of these songs different versions or edits of the original?

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:27

dont have them so cant say for certain :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cardiacs-Cds-x-3-Rare-/170889363720?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item27c9ccc108 This angers me as they are the ones sold in last week and they are putting all 3 on for £175 . Not sure what profit that would be ... hold on let me work this out.... hmmmm maybe not as pony and OLW went for over £150 for both and garage Vol 2 £36.

Hmmm :)

How much did you pay for those three together 70's..(sorry its easier to type that )!

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Mon Aug 06, 2012 23:35

Wow, thats just a wierd listing for sure. Bargain kinda. I'm never gonna have the sponds for this kind of outlay though. I was pushing it when i bought the STG double CD for 50quid or so last year. I'd love to own OLW but i'm ever hopeful now of just randomly coming across something peachy in a charity shop or a car booty. Ebay prices are waaay out now unless i crack lucky with an estocks listing or something... I'm wondering if this is the last ditch attempt of 'dealers' to eek the last few pennies from us while Cardiacs are still current. No gigs are on the horizon, memories are fading, in general i think prices of Cardiacs related stuff will drop a little and not garner the same prices for at least 10 years or so (until the BBC/Chan4 doc is made or summat...) And if stuff is ever re-released, watch OLW originals go for 35quid tops not the ridiculous prices they get at the mo. Thats my two penneth worth anyway (which is about all i can afford at the mo...)
xM
last one out turn off the lights.

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:37

drterror666 wrote:My hit list looks a bit like this:

The Obvious Identity CASS
Toy World CASS
A Bus for a Bus on the Bus 7"
Day Is Gone CDS
Songs for Ships and Irons CD
Tim Smith's Extra Special OceanLandWorld CD

Well, it did look a bit like that until I won Songs for Ships and Irons on eBay t'other day. Plus, it was the '91 original, not the '95, er, remaster. Whoopee! Maybe there is hope after all.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

Fugazi
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fugazi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 14:44

Well my collection has officially begun, I just got Cardiacs and Affectionate Friends for 15 quid of off that ebay. :D

1 down....how many to go????? :shock:

cheers

Steve

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Wed Aug 22, 2012 16:00

Fugazi wrote:Well my collection has officially begun, I just got Cardiacs and Affectionate Friends for 15 quid of off that ebay. :D

1 down....how many to go????? :shock:

cheers

Steve

Depends how deep you wanna go but... 40 or so.