How to own everything? (ethically, quickly, cheaply)

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Re: How to own everything? (ethically, quickly, cheaply)

Postby seventies » Sun Jul 22, 2012 20:09

drterror666 wrote:How can you be so sure? :twisted:

try me! :evil:

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 13:49

Ha ha

i was going to say have you seen them? What awful photos? I would be very cautious about them.

And now I know you will go to the extremes i can bump up my own ebay sale......only joking :twisted: Trust me they are not mine as i woudl be ashamed to have put a photo on like that .

Hope you win :)

Oh and will you be bidding on OLW?

Fugazi
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fugazi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 16:55

i was going to say have you seen them? What awful photos? I would be very cautious about them.

Hmm, an entire Cardiacs collection up for sale! So he can get a car! I'd keep the CD's and walk :wink:

cheers

Steve

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 17:43

I had to go check someone had not stolen my collection !

But I have a few other things in my collection , Day is gone a torso version or two etc etc...oh and no guns :)

I have been close to selling mine but i have still managed to get by :)

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 18:09

Well he has already got near on £600 for 20 CDS. Thats about £30 per CD! With * days to go as well .

Im sure BSi is rubbing his hands with glee :)

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Mon Jul 23, 2012 18:30

psparky27 wrote:Ha ha

And now I know you will go to the extremes i can bump up my own ebay sale......only joking :twisted: Trust me they are not mine as i woudl be ashamed to have put a photo on like that .

Hope you win :)

Oh and will you be bidding on OLW?

I am interested in it, but I have a feeling it will end up out of my range. My printed out version has been serving me well.

Kinda disappointed how high the garage concerts went in just one day.

I think I'll be spending a good chunk of the next week begging around the internet for scans, so I can burn the files from itunes and not spend so much money.

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Mon Jul 23, 2012 18:30

Fugazi wrote:

Hmm, an entire Cardiacs collection up for sale! So he can get a car! I'd keep the CD's and walk :wink:

cheers

Steve

me too.

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 20:22

i Dont think we will see much movement in bids on the rarer stuff that has already shoot up. I think the others will have some bids but i am interested to see if he breaks the £1000 for his 20 cds?

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Mon Jul 23, 2012 20:32

psparky27 wrote:i Dont think we will see much movement in bids on the rarer stuff that has already shoot up. I think the others will have some bids but i am interested to see if he breaks the £1000 for his 20 cds?

With a handful of then certain to top 100, I am sure he will.

pony, Mr and Mrs, OLW and sea nymphs alone will get 450. The other 16 should get 550.

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 20:49

seventies wrote:
psparky27 wrote:i Dont think we will see much movement in bids on the rarer stuff that has already shoot up. I think the others will have some bids but i am interested to see if he breaks the £1000 for his 20 cds?

pony, Mr and Mrs, OLW and sea nymphs alone will get 450. The other 16 should get 550.

Yeah this is a good benchmark for me although i don't have pony or mr and mrs I do have day is gone cd and a torso cd. I didn't think sea nymphs cd went for that much ?

seventies
Diamond Cardiac

Postby seventies » Tue Jul 24, 2012 21:36

psparky27 wrote:
seventies wrote:

Yeah this is a good benchmark for me although i don't have pony or mr and mrs I do have day is gone cd and a torso cd. I didn't think sea nymphs cd went for that much ?

I paid 62 for mine and I think the sale after that proved it was a deal. But yeah, if it goes for 70 or so, I think the other three can get 380 combined.

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 16:10

looks like someone has retracted their bids on OLW and STG ? hmmmm i wonders.....

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 18:41

Ok these ebay bids are going backwards ! I feel sorry for peter :)

frostbyte
"oh engineer....."

Postby frostbyte » Fri Jul 27, 2012 09:22

i just had a look on ebay, which i never do really, and did a search for cardiacs, i am shocked by the prices that are being asked for cdś. unbelievable.
i bought the cdś when they came out for about 15 guilders each i think, which was about 7-8 pounds at that time? i never realised that they would be selling for this much now.
anyway, i am not parting with my collection EVER and i think its ridiculous people ask those amounts for them.
the only thing i miss is my cardiacs sampler cd which i lent to someone in order to get them into cardiacs a long time ago and never got back :-(
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55

Yeah its not good.

But its not what people are asking for (well not all of them) its what people are willing to pay :(

I think I have sussed what going on with these bids:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0706080487

The two retracted bids look like someone is trying to find out the higher level of the autobider. I think therefore they could go in at last min knowing what value is needed. I'm not sure as with sniper progammes you don't need to do this?