Sing to God

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

schlep
Cardiacsy

Re: Sing to God

Postby schlep » Tue Apr 12, 2011 15:17

This behemoth has always given me trouble, seeming overstuffed, all available spaces filled up and crammed with loudness, Jesus Mary and Joseph, terrible and beautiful in equal measures! Today it might be my favorite. A Horses Tail, from "perseverence, understanding.." to the end, is something otherworldly.
Hearing it from another room, it sounds, like Worms remarked upon elsewhere, like the rhythm is going backwards somehow.
No other music gives me these "where am I" moments so reliably... :D
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today

North Sea Radio SOS
Silver Cardiac

Postby North Sea Radio SOS » Sat Aug 13, 2011 16:03

I love the fact that some songs on this album overwhelm me. Some of it is almost too intense but still beautiful in every way. People can talk about the heaviest bands in the world, from those black/death metal etc genres, that i used to listen to a while back, but despite thier "just trying to show off now" styled fast riffs/rhythms i can't say that i personally have found a band that has created anything as intense as Sing to God.
Dirty Boy, was, is and always will be my favourite song ever written. Bell Clinks and Angelworm(angle?) Angel are just incredible. Try to sing along to the latter, even without gusto...
Where do you take the breaths ? :shock: For me it would be literally impossible to sing live, should i have the musicianship to even carry off a respectable version...of which i don't ...of course :P

Methinks, a clever bit o' editing to join verses/choruses together vocally, or simply the guys were just incredible at what they did ?

Oh and i love "Fairy Mary Mag" from the bottom of my heart also. When Tim sings " If I were a bad dog, you'd all be dead... " makes me go all of a quivver. It sounds like he really means it. I can picture his eyes staring right into and through you, with deep rooted manace, as he sings it :eeeek:
Batman : "What's yellow...and Points !?...."
Robin : " Got it! A BALLPOINT BANANA! "
Batman : " YES!.. ExACTly that Robin ! "

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 16:49

This album should be a masterpiece only for the bass lines!
anything anyplace anywhere for no reason at all
All my music here... http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Wed Jul 25, 2012 13:27

One thing I've been wondering for a while. Were there really only 3000 copies of the double album made? Or was that just a marketing gimmick? I mean, I've had three of them (one was stolen, the second wore out. I paid £5 for my third copy at a second-hand book shop about six years ago). My friend has had two copies. Surely it can't be that rare. Any thoughts?

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 16:09

Greyhound wrote:One thing I've been wondering for a while. Were there really only 3000 copies of the double album made? Or was that just a marketing gimmick? I mean, I've had three of them (one was stolen, the second wore out. I paid £5 for my third copy at a second-hand book shop about six years ago). My friend has had two copies. Surely it can't be that rare. Any thoughts?

Yeah i think there was only 3000. Plus you got all the individual versions of vol 1 & 2 . I mean how much did astoria hold? It maybe juast a few of the same cds going round and round (he he). Maybe the one you bought in book shop was the stolen one or.....if your friend has tw copies....maybe hes BSi :twisted:

How on earth did one get worn out?

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Wed Jul 25, 2012 17:27

psparky27 wrote:Plus you got all the individual versions of vol 1 & 2 .

I've had the individual ones too! I don't even remember where they went.
psparky27 wrote:Maybe the one you bought in book shop was the stolen one or.....if your friend has tw copies....maybe hes BSi :twisted:

The stolen one was nicked in a different city to the book shop one but I suppose it's possible. I think my friend lent her copy out and it was never returned so she paid a fortune on eBay.
psparky27 wrote:How on earth did one get worn out?

I lived with some people who didn't treat CDs with the same care as I do. I'd come home from wherever to find them playing-side down on a beer-soaked table or summat. It was scratched to buggery after a while. OLAITS went the same way, had to replace that too. :evil:

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 18:07

Greyhound wrote:
psparky27 wrote:Plus you got all the individual versions of vol 1 & 2 .

I've had the individual ones too! I don't even remember where they went.
psparky27 wrote:Maybe the one you bought in book shop was the stolen one or.....if your friend has tw copies....maybe hes BSi :twisted:

The stolen one was nicked in a different city to the book shop one but I suppose it's possible. I think my friend lent her copy out and it was never returned so she paid a fortune on eBay.
psparky27 wrote:How on earth did one get worn out?

I lived with some people who didn't treat CDs with the same care as I do. I'd come home from wherever to find them playing-side down on a beer-soaked table or summat. It was scratched to buggery after a while. OLAITS went the same way, had to replace that too. :evil:

Well at least people were playing them :)

Bubby
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Bubby » Fri Jul 04, 2014 16:33

Spyda
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Spyda » Tue Jul 29, 2014 01:02

And if she only had stopped making that hissing noise . . .

Return to “Albums”