Sing to God

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Carli Dogstand
All Spectacular

Sing to God

Postby Carli Dogstand » Sat Sep 16, 2006 18:11

Do many people here have both versions of STG, i.e, the seperate versions and the 'limited' double album?

I only ask because we were listening to the seperated versions in the car quite recently and then brought them back indoors. A couple of evenings ago, our keyboard player returned the double album that I'd lent to him. I am convinced that I could hear subtle differences in some of the songs I can remember one was Fairy mary Mag and also Dirty Boy.

Am I right here? I haven't listened to them side by side, so I could be going mad.....

I welcome your thoughts on this....

she is blessed with the mane of a horse and wings of a bee

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Sat Sep 16, 2006 18:51

I've only got the double issue...so sorry Carli, can't help...

I'm sure you are not going mad though... :wink:

Mog
Silver Cardiac

Postby Mog » Sat Sep 16, 2006 20:59

What kind of subtle differences? I've got both. Haven't really noticed anything in Fairy Mary Mag, and I haven't checked Dirty Boy yet.

Speaking of Fairy Mary Mag, I love that there's someone really quietly singing along with the instrumentally bit at the end in the left channel.

Mr Dogstand
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Mr Dogstand » Sat Sep 16, 2006 21:25

Mystery over.
Mrs Dogstand and I were listening to the end of Fairy Mary Mag, which is the same as the solo in Odd Even....That's where the confusion started!!
Mr Dogstand.

"Shouting at Young Children Since 1989"

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:42

I have the 'limited' double album, but is it really that limited ??

Helmet
Official Bard of the Fishies

Postby Helmet » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:48

AlphabetBusinessConcern wrote:I have the 'limited' double album, but is it really that limited ??

Me too - it was limited to 3000 copies :drinkers:
Music is the best...............

Meenie
A Dead Pest

Postby Meenie » Thu Sep 21, 2006 20:23

Yeah me too but remember,there aint too many of us cardiologists or whatever we are.

How many singles were released off of the sing to gods?
i was kind of expecting four at the time just because of the cover really and the way Manhoo had Bob on it and Odd Even had Tim on it.I have an Organ single of Bellyeye but it just has a black and white Organ cover,was there any more,where is the Jim one for god sake????
JIM JIM JIM JIM JIM JIM JIM

:shock:

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Thu Sep 21, 2006 20:25

No, only two, then they ran out of money. The plan was four, yeah. I have the Organ single too.

Pheeel
All Spectacular

Postby Pheeel » Fri Sep 22, 2006 01:13

Wasn't there a massive fuck-up with the release of the Odd Even single? I gather the barcodes were printed incorrectly so sales wouldn't register, and they all had to be recalled. Apparently it was all the fault of the distributors, Plastic Head. I think this was the reason the other singles never came out.
Some consider childish dreams a matter of necessity

frostbyte
"oh engineer....."

Postby frostbyte » Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:48

plastic head sucks

i remember when i was in a band aeons ago, plastic head did our distribution as well, we went on tour through the whole of europe, and they were supposed to have lots of cd's and shirts ready for our tour, eventually they mailed them to us in europe, they arrived at the last gig of the tour because some other band had to have their shirts first. thats why i still hate machinehead.....
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 14:09

They don't have a lot of luck with distributors, do they! Rough Trade went bankrupt when they were meant to distribute Heaven Born... T'was a right cock up if I remember rightly - I ended up having to wait about 6 weeks to get hold of a copy by which time I was on the floor having seizures.

I read somewhere that the Rough Trade HB&EB is the Holy Grail for Cardiacs collectors but I don't think there are any - are there??

Jooooooooosh
Silver Cardiac

Postby Jooooooooosh » Fri Sep 22, 2006 16:02

There are some CDs, not many at all though! They have the same cover as the HB&EB LP does, and they go for many monies on Ebay sometimes. Guess who always beats me to it... :x

Even rarer is the tape version, I imagine that was also done by Rough Trade but I could be wrong. Again; there is a man, a certain man, and for the poor you may be sure that he'll do all he can! (to outbid them)

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Tue Sep 26, 2006 16:51

I just got this in the mail from Mary?Alphabet...the still-limited edition...gosh golly, twenty two new Cardiacs songs to absorb, and send my ears/mind to whole new realms of twisted joy and wonder.
I guess I'll get back to you in a week or so!
(Ver-r-ry 'attractive' cover art, looks like something out of Star Trek - )

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 16:58

Whaaa - I'd LOVE to hear this album for the first time again!!! Can't wait to know what you think of it...

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Tue Sep 26, 2006 17:06

Batesy wrote:Whaaa - I'd LOVE to hear this album for the first time again!!! Can't wait to know what you think of it...

Resisting the urge to listen on crap computer speakers at work - I'll wait til I get home and can put it on the giant technicolor stereophonic system.

Return to “Albums”