On Land And In The Sea

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

psparky27

Re: On Land And In The Sea

Postby psparky27 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 17:59

Snardbafulator wrote:Hey man, you guys ever hear of Irish Mouth? It's when your mouth is too small for the amount of teeth. My entire family has it. Orthodontia? Heh, we all had it and we failed at it. My sis, who's a high mucky-muck at a non-profit lending institution, just entered her fifth decade wearing braces (with rubber bands that fly across the room and give her cats some action).

In a couple hours I'm about to go down to the university and pick up a full set of dentures.

I feel the dental pain of my English brethren.

Bob

what a great name for a band. irish mouth .

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Wed Jun 25, 2014 18:47

psparky27 wrote:what a great name for a band. irish mouth .

Free transfer for Bonio.

psparky27

Re:

Postby psparky27 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 19:00

dogsetc. wrote:
psparky27 wrote:what a great name for a band. irish mouth .

Free transfer for Bonio.

??

Bubby
Cardiacs Expert

Re:

Postby Bubby » Wed Jun 25, 2014 22:30

dogsetc. wrote:Live Listen 13: Cardiacs: 'The Duck and Roger the Horse'

Ryan's friend Justin again. Some real pleasures, and at the end i detect in his summary and scoring that he's starting to crack... wanting to join with the madness that is the wooden horse in the cupboard and the underlying quacking.

9 1/2 :)

(4:40, they're called 'rattles' by the way.)

This guy's ace, but his shit beard annoys me more than his teef.

"It sounds like an elephant.....and the elephant's gone wrong"

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Re: Re:

Postby Snardbafulator » Thu Jun 26, 2014 16:49

Irish Mouth is good band name, but not quite as good as The Useless Eaters.
Bubby wrote:This guy's ace, but his shit beard annoys me more than his teef.

Aww, c'mon, man. He has emo hair!

Wow, did this boy ever miss the bus. I guess it's getting to the point with these Millennials that they'd have to be a cultural studies major to get beyond the clichés of the 60s doled out by familiarity with so-called classic rock. Brown Shoes Don't Make It is one of my favorite early Mothers tunes and it's a social satire -- the import of which flew completely over ol' Justin's head. It actually has a moralistic message (one of Zappa's very few), not at all advocating "pedophilia," but rather saying that the dream of a 13-year-old sex kitten is hardwired into the brains of the kind of emptyheaded ex-jock lunks who get involved in local government. "We see ... in the back ... of the City Hall mind ... the dream ... of a girl ... a-bout thir-teen ... "

Recalling Killer Klown John Wayne Gacy's obsession with the Jaycees, it's kind of prophetic.

Bob
Deconstructing conventional wisdom since the birth of punk

psparky27

Re: Re:

Postby psparky27 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 01:23

Snardbafulator wrote:Irish Mouth is good band name, but not quite as good as The Useless Eaters.
Bubby wrote:This guy's ace, but his shit beard annoys me more than his teef.

Aww, c'mon, man. He has emo hair!

Wow, did this boy ever miss the bus. I guess it's getting to the point with these Millennials that they'd have to be a cultural studies major to get beyond the clichés of the 60s doled out by familiarity with so-called classic rock. Brown Shoes Don't Make It is one of my favorite early Mothers tunes and it's a social satire -- the import of which flew completely over ol' Justin's head. It actually has a moralistic message (one of Zappa's very few), not at all advocating "pedophilia," but rather saying that the dream of a 13-year-old sex kitten is hardwired into the brains of the kind of emptyheaded ex-jock lunks who get involved in local government. "We see ... in the back ... of the City Hall mind ... the dream ... of a girl ... a-bout thir-teen ... "

Recalling Killer Klown John Wayne Gacy's obsession with the Jaycees, it's kind of prophetic.

Bob

harveylime
Bronze Cardiac

Postby harveylime » Sat Jun 28, 2014 09:29

Ugh and he points out the most banal details. Stylistic changes every 20 seconds and you just comment on the stereo panning and pitch of vocals? :(

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Snardbafulator » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:44

harveylime wrote:Ugh and he points out the most banal details. Stylistic changes every 20 seconds and you just comment on the stereo panning and pitch of vocals? :(

While I don't mind the objective details in themselves, I agree he tends to miss the bigger picture. Then again, this was his very first Zappa tune (hard to believe as that is -- wot, no Peaches En Regalia?) and doubtless he's completely unfamiliar with the Zappa-influenced avant prog that came later. So the ending gets a little chaotic and all he can think of to liken it to is A Day in the Life ... good grief, that final orchestral section's in 11/4 and inspired by Ravel.

Bob

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 02:29

Snardbafulator wrote:
harveylime wrote:Ugh and he points out the most banal details. Stylistic changes every 20 seconds and you just comment on the stereo panning and pitch of vocals? :(

While I don't mind the objective details in themselves, I agree he tends to miss the bigger picture. Then again, this was his very first Zappa tune (hard to believe as that is -- wot, no Peaches En Regalia?) and doubtless he's completely unfamiliar with the Zappa-influenced avant prog that came later. So the ending gets a little chaotic and all he can think of to liken it to is A Day in the Life ... good grief, that final orchestral section's in 11/4 and inspired by Ravel.

Bob

Don't Forget to Remember to use the steps though! Other wise you wont be stayin' alive long.

Snardbafulator
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Snardbafulator » Sun Jun 29, 2014 03:12

psparky27 wrote:Don't Forget to Remember to ....

This announcement brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department :lol:

Bob

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 03:29

Snardbafulator wrote:
psparky27 wrote:Don't Forget to Remember to ....

This announcement brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department :lol:

Bob

Not quite ..English humour going over your head or maybe your music knowledge is not as good as you throught or maybe im just Jive talkin :twisted:

Return to “Albums”