Underated tracks

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

psparky27

Underated tracks

Postby psparky27 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 21:27

Im sure this has been done before and its not album specific but what tracks do you think are underated....you know the sort that get forgotten until you play a whole album (wel the MP3 generation dont do this alot :) )

I will start the ball rolling with Victory Egg on "little man" and maybe the original Nuses of the seaside cassette.

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Mon Aug 20, 2007 21:38

is this thread just for cardiacs songs specifically?

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 21:40

um yes .... have i put it in the wrong place...this is my first forum...please be gentle...oh ady i have responded to your "The The" thread . sorry for the delay :)

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Mon Aug 20, 2007 21:48

no worries about the the the thread-and nah you aint put this in the wrong place...even if you did i think you'd be forgiven-especially this friendly lot(well i hope)-and if you do get any crap PM me-i aint no moderator but i aint going to put up with any newbies being hassled-it never happens here anyways. :D

now the question of under-rated track....blinkin eck i'll have to look! :)

Cardiacs955i
Silver Cardiac

Postby Cardiacs955i » Mon Aug 20, 2007 23:26

Gloomy News...one of my all time favorite Cardiacs tracks, but rarely see it listed on this site. Such a quick blast of madness - beautiful

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Tue Aug 21, 2007 09:15

Really, we've already got a thread for this, which in essence results in the same songs being entered : i.e the thread entitled "Great forgotten tracks that we should still be listening too" on the Seaside forum.

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:22

Stoneage Dinosaurs wrote:Really, we've already got a thread for this, which in essence results in the same songs being entered : i.e the thread entitled "Great forgotten tracks that we should still be listening too" on the Seaside forum.

ahh but this is specifically for cardiacs tunes..

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:01

Ady wrote:
Stoneage Dinosaurs wrote:Really, we've already got a thread for this, which in essence results in the same songs being entered : i.e the thread entitled "Great forgotten tracks that we should still be listening too" on the Seaside forum.

ahh but this is specifically for cardiacs tunes..

Yes I noticed that that was mentioned in the psparky's second post.
But it's still not the right forum, but sod it, let's have some disorder here! :wink:

Cameras - the track that is often forgotten and often thought of as simply the intro to "Is This The Life" because it was often played live as such.
In fact, on the two live recordings I've got it on it goes immediaitley into Is This the Life.

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:08

i forgot all about cameras! fantastic tune (runs upstairs to record collection..... ) :D

sorry if i sound a bit of a grump today-i gots to go to dentist later-and even though i aint scared of heights,spiders etc- dentist's is the one thing that sh*ts me right up. its only a hygenist-but shes a bit of a butcher.

AndyB
Diamond Cardiac

Postby AndyB » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:20

Cardiacs955i wrote:Gloomy News...one of my all time favorite Cardiacs tracks, but rarely see it listed on this site. Such a quick blast of madness - beautiful

Good call on Gloomy News fellow Somerset person...I'd probably have gone for that one too!

Here's a few others:

Cry Wet Smile Dry
Snakes-A-Sleeping
A Horse's Tail
Fast Robert
My Trade Mark
For Good and All
Hello Mr. Minnow

Hmmm, I have no idea whether these tracks are underrated or not, but I rarely see them mentioned and I just thought it'd be a nice excuse to list some of my favourites...

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:23

Ady wrote:i forgot all about cameras! fantastic tune (runs upstairs to record collection..... ) :D

sorry if i sound a bit of a grump today-i gots to go to dentist later-and even though i aint scared of heights,spiders etc- dentist's is the one thing that sh*ts me right up. its only a hygenist-but shes a bit of a butcher.

Dental hygienists generally are. I always come out of the chair with a very sore gob and feeling like I've been violated. Dentists tend to be a bit more easy going on the old bouche!

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:32

I gave 1650 euros this spring to the dentist,
and I'm going to get three capsule in september.
What a waste.
:(
anything anyplace anywhere for no reason at all
All my music here... http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:32

last time i saw her she made my mouth bleed like crazy....why is it out of all the colours that come out your body(white,green) are all quite mellow-and blood is like this really bright color?!
i'll look like i've just been hit with a boxing glove later.

Stoneage Dinosaurs
"Jim parades a toy"

Postby Stoneage Dinosaurs » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:37

Ady wrote:last time i saw her she made my mouth bleed like crazy....why is it out of all the colours that come out your body(white,green) are all quite mellow-and blood is like this really bright color?!
i'll look like i've just been hit with a boxing glove later.

Well a couple of years ago, while having a wank, my sperm came out red i.e mixed with blood! Gave me the fright of me life! My doctor examined me (thankfully a female doctor, didn't fancy a bloke's finger up me jacksy) and told me I had prostate flu. Blimey, that was new one on me a cold in my prostate gland!
The same as sinusitis basically in that all the glands can swell up & have a "cold" So the old wives tale about not sitting on cold surfaces is true!

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:00

whoah there to much info! :lol: saying that i would get the fear if that happened to me..

Return to “Albums”