First time

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

whippersnapper
ABC graphic designer

Postby whippersnapper » Mon Oct 09, 2006 16:10

Wormo wrote:
jibberandtwitch wrote:i was slowly introduced to Cardiacs by my dad.

FATHER OF THE YEAR!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a good prospect for me then, I occasionally put Cardiacs on in the prescence of my 3(!) year old daughter :lol: . And you know what? Yesterday she asked me: "Daddy, Can I hear Cardiacs?" So a minute later we were dancing to R.E.S. She LOVES it. Oh, I'm such a great dad :)

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Mon Oct 09, 2006 16:18

Wormo wrote:First one I managed to purchase with my own cashmoney was Sing to God. It's in my top two albums of all time

Curiosity is killing me...what's the other one...? :?

Wormo
New fish

Postby Wormo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 18:26

Songs in the Key of Life by Stevie Wonder!

Both double albums, both have managed to get played over and over (without me eventually wanting to poke my ears shut) since I discovered em.

Whippersnapper- you're daughter's gonna be bonkers. Sounds like she already is, in the loveliest way. Will you adopt me?
carrying a cluster of bee eggies in the centre of she

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Mon Oct 09, 2006 19:32

Wormo wrote:Songs in the Key of Life by Stevie Wonder

Oh...that's a good one... :D

dirty boy
Diamond Cardiac

Postby dirty boy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 23:47

I was introduced by Mrs D, i hold her totally responsible. All i really remember is being sat down and against my will being forced to watch maresnest, i was only a young boy-thing at the time! tis child cruelty in anyones books!
After this, the songs started seeping into my brain as i was exposed to them in small lumpy chunks over a long period of time. The CD that really got me though was sampler, that little bastard was lodged in my brain for a good while i can tell you that much, AND THE BLIGTER DIDN'T EVEN PAY HIS RENT FOR THE DURATION OF HIS STAY!

i'm still bloody livid that i have been turned into some sort of social outcast by the derranged musical tastes i was unwillingly and forcibly given by my parents!

YOU BASTARDS!

(love you really... *coughs*)
Son of Dogstand

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Fri Nov 10, 2006 00:20

dirty boy wrote:i'm still bloody livid that i have been turned into some sort of social outcast by the derranged musical tastes i was unwillingly and forcibly given by my parents!

YOU BASTARDS!

Yeah right... :roll:

dog like marky
All Spectacular

Postby dog like marky » Fri Nov 10, 2006 01:22

Nice to see the Young-uns Brung up Propper and taught good old fashoned values i was chained up in the back garden in all weathers for weeks at a time and fed Dirt,Worms,Rock,Prog,Punk and Metal..........never did me no harm
Yet more mis-spelled long winded waffle without Grammar

Darwin Goodman
Gold Cardiac

Postby Darwin Goodman » Thu Nov 16, 2006 15:59

My first introduction to Cardiacs was something I read rather than heard. I can't recall what it was exactly - after all, this happened over 10 years ago - probably something short and sweet that compared them to some other groups. Anyhow, as this list of artists read more like a definition of musical surrealism (in the vein of "a meeting of a train and an umbrella on an operating table") than a sensible review of a rock group, my first thought was "I've got to hear this!"

There was no Cardiacs available in my local music shops, but I managed to find 3 titles elsewhere in Finland (A Little Man..., Songs for Ships and Irons & Heaven Born and Ever Bright) and was hooked immediately. There and then I ordered all the other albums available on CD, including Sing to God which was brand new at the time. I pretty much thought I knew what to expect of the rest of Cardiacs catalogue after immersing myself in my first three purchases. Of course, nothing could have prepared me for the fadeless splendour of Sing to God, which quickly became one of my biggest album favourites - and the reason why I must answer the perennial question about "the best album ever" with the three-word phrase "I don't know".

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 16:53

my first purchase was...

the seaside
archive cardiacs
on land and in the sea
cardiacs live
heaven born and ever bright
all that glitters is a mare's nest
garage concerts vol. 1 and 2
gratest hits
:shock: :D

Sing to god, I still have the cdr witing fir the rerelease, just like guns and the whole world window...

By the way, what do you say about songs by cardiacs and affectionate friends? it's worthwile?
I did'nt see this title in the topics so I wonder why!

Ciao
anything anyplace anywhere for no reason at all
All my music here... http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

brother abnego
"To log off and things"

Postby brother abnego » Fri Feb 02, 2007 17:05

Sterbus wrote:By the way, what do you say about songs by cardiacs and affectionate friends? it's worthwile?
I did'nt see this title in the topics so I wonder why!

...its a really nice collection of mostly quieter, more meditative songs by, as the title says, Cardiacs and their friends...I think it flows well as an album, and its a good way to pick up on stuff by Spratley's Japs, Bill Drake, Mark Cawthra, Christian Hayes and so on...

...its always dirt cheap on ebay, i'd say get yourself a copy, you most likely won't be disappointed... :D

Pheeel
All Spectacular

Postby Pheeel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 17:07

Yes. Definitely worth getting for the excellent tracks you can't find anywhere else by Lake Of Puppies, Mark Cawthra, Christian Hayes, Jon Poole and Catherine In A Cupboard

There's been a copy of Affectionate Friends in my local HMV for most of last year. It got knocked down to a tenner, and still no-one seemed to want to touch it. Then this week, I went in and it was gone. Someone had finally bought it! My heart swelled with joy.

I just hope they didn't bring it back in disgust the following day.
Some consider childish dreams a matter of necessity

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 17:09

oh, I'm lucky enough, a shop near my home (here in rome) still got a copy, I think this morning I will go and pick it!

thanx! :wink:

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Fri Feb 02, 2007 17:12

(but I still don't know how to get "guns" and "a man and a house"... just another one: "rude bootleg"? DON'T SHOOT ME FOR MY OFFTOPICNESS!)

Chinners
Flower shop girl that sells tat

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 02, 2007 17:15

You could try Ebay . . .
I saw a cluster of DOGS

Chinners
Flower shop girl that sells tat

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 02, 2007 17:17

I saw a cluster of DOGS