"Live" and "Rude Bootleg"

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

clippa
Cardiacs Expert

Postby clippa » Wed May 09, 2007 21:54

Yeah, I got mine really quick, like two days or something. There's no harm in asking if it's been posted, it probably has though, just taking a while on the boat. It's really good.

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Thu May 10, 2007 14:22

My anxiety gets the better of me. One time Mary did actually 'leave (something) by the door' & forget to mail it!
To while away the meantime I've been watching YouTube videos - there's one of 'Stoneage Dinosaurs' from 2003 - phook me but I'd never watched it before, somehow!! It rules.
Then watched the BBC 'Signs', another 2003 'Hello Mr. Minnow', and then the majestic Brighton 'Dirty Boy' - stirring stuff.
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today

whippersnapper
ABC graphic designer

Postby whippersnapper » Thu May 10, 2007 16:17

schlep wrote:One time Mary did actually 'leave (something) by the door' & forget to mail it!

:lol: :lol:

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Wed May 16, 2007 16:56

Hooray, got it today - the photo on the back, and the 'pop pinup' - wicked!
I gurgled out loud, nobody saw though.

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Wed May 16, 2007 18:11

Whee! I just went to join the Rude Bootleg party and found I had credit from a CD Baby sale in Paypal, so it's only cost me four quid.

I hope Mary doesn't mind kisses from strangers. Actually she sold me a shirt in person once, so we're practically fvck buddies I reckon.

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Wed May 16, 2007 18:14

Made Of Worms wrote:Whee! I just went to join the Rude Bootleg party and found I had credit from a CD Baby sale in Paypal, so it's only cost me four quid.

I hope Mary doesn't mind kisses from strangers. Actually she sold me a shirt in person once, so we're practically fvck buddies I reckon.

What's she really like?

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Wed May 16, 2007 19:13

Gagging for it.

(Can't remember really I'm afraid. Someone called her Mary; she might have been another Mary; she might not even have been called Mary; she might have been just humouring them.)

barnslou
All Spectacular

Postby barnslou » Wed May 16, 2007 19:21

I have visions of her been a middle aged goth who should have got rid of the tight black jeans a few years earlier. Although even with these tight black jeans she still has a fine figure. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Wed May 16, 2007 20:35

The band photo here is a riot! I particularly like Tim's venemous expression, shooting darts into the back of Jim's big head with his eyes.

The sound here is a little distorted, the cymbals are in the red for sure - but this is a great, vivid live recording of a ferocious performance. The guitar on 'In A City Lining' - :D - is what electric guitar ought to sound like! Large, filthy, with sharp edges - rude!
When you have fifty minutes in daylight (-?) at a big rock festival, I reckon it's over the top, guns blazing time.

Chinners
Flower shop girl that sells tat

Postby Chinners » Thu May 17, 2007 12:02

Indeed, watching Cardiacs play in the middle of a bloody big field at noon was a rather sureal experience. Interesting fact about that weekend was that Cardiacs were ther only band not to have a bottle or some other missile throw at them on stage . . . hoe times had changed from the previous year . . . . 'but don't relax too much now'
I saw a cluster of DOGS

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Thu May 17, 2007 12:07

whats the "rude bootleg party"?

also garage concerts is a must for any cardiacs fan-i played them to death when they came out-totally blew me away(why wasn't i there!!!!)

even though i got some rare early stuff-this gave it an energy thats hard to pin down....but totally brilliant!

Chinners
Flower shop girl that sells tat

Postby Chinners » Thu May 17, 2007 12:25

I give up, why wasn't you there?

I went to all three days, the second day being the best set in my humble opinion
I saw a cluster of DOGS

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Thu May 17, 2007 12:34

if i remember rightly i went to order some tickets-then the computer i was on crashed!! by the time i logged back on they sold out...........thats why i ordered me astoria ticket the day they came out!

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Thu May 17, 2007 13:19

Ady wrote:whats the "rude bootleg party"?

!

That's when a lot of people who have all Cardiacs stuff except a few odd & ends decide the ABC needs our help dammit, we must pay full price for a Rude Bootleg of songs we all have in multiple - and then it all turns out nicely! Until some drunk people come in who nobody remembers being friends with, the police turn up about the loud music and someone breaks the toilet.

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Sat May 19, 2007 15:06

Heh, someone's left the "stadium" setting on the gimmicky Kenwood hi-fi.

Nervous-energetic and lightly sprinkled with little mistakes* innit. Nice :D. And the purely desk recording makes the crowd sound even more shell-shocked than they probably were anyway.

*I heard Jim make one :shock: (in In A City Lining).

Sound like there's no Bic. :?:

Cracking I'm Eating In Bed. I didn't know girlies had titties.