Gary Lucas in Holland & London too

Here you can post your Gig reviews, announce concerts and stuff, all that kind of stuff basically

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

schlep
Cardiacsy

Gary Lucas in Holland & London too

Postby schlep » Tue May 15, 2007 19:01

Gary Lucas, ex- of Captain Beefheart's Magic Band, and an amazing guitarist & musician in his own right, coming near some of you deserving people.
I have not yet heard this incarnation of Gods & Monsters, but can assure you that his solo show is a Fabulous Spec-tac-le.
http://www.garylucas.com

Wednesday, May 16th
9:30pm
Tivoli De Helling, Oudegracht 245, Utrecht, Holland--Gary Lucas & Gods and Monsters, with Jerry Harrison, Ernie Brooks, Billy Ficca and Jason Candler--S.C.A.R. opens

Thursday, May 17th
9:45pm
Melkweg, Lijnbaansgracht 234a, Amsterdam, Holland--Gary Lucas & Gods and Monsters, with Jerry Harrison, Ernie Brooks, Billy Ficca and Jason Candler-- taped live for future broadcast on Co De Kloet's program on NPS (National Dutch Radio)--S.C.A.R. opens

Friday, May 18th
9:30pm
The Paard, Prinsegracht 12, Den Haag, Holland--Gary Lucas afternoon workshop and evening concert

Tuesday, June 5th
time tba
The Luminaire, 311 Kilburn High Road, London, England -- Gary Lucas plays solo electric and acoustic
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today

brother abnego
"To log off and things"

Postby brother abnego » Wed May 16, 2007 10:45

...I've met Gary Lucas! He seemed like a nice chap (as the cliche goes), all humble and quitely spoken and that......grrreat guitarist and a class act all round...both Lucas and us Jungulator boys were presenting film re-scores as part of Flicker 2005, he did his celebrated Der Golem re-score, we did I Walked With A Zombie...

...word got to us that he liked our sound, and I nearly died of 'instant pleasure overdose'... :D

...wow, he has both Billy Ficca (Television) and Jerry Harrison (Talking Heads) in his Gods And Monsters line up...thats going to be a bit good...doubt I'll be able to make the Luminaire gig, but I'd recommend it to any of you who can... 8)

Gubbins
Jive mutha

Postby Gubbins » Wed May 16, 2007 14:45

JERRY HARRISON!

I'm there.

I love Captain Beefheart as well... AND I just clocked why I know the name Gary Lucas! He's the guy who co wrote lots of music with the mighty Jeff Buckley!

Ach... Jerry's only in Holand... Ah well.

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Wed May 16, 2007 15:11

Gary Lucas has had his fingers in many a tasty musical pie!
Solo, he sometimes does an electric guitar version of Buckley's 'Grace' that will transmogrify ye.
And yeah, he's a total mensch and will gladly tell you any number of hilarious Captain Beefheart anecdotes for nothing - we had him at our film fest twice, once doing the Golem soundtrack - awesome!
Do you know what I mean to say

I meant to say to you today

A day goes by I try thats why

I try to speak to you today