Cardiacs, November 16th, London Astoria

Here you can post your Gig reviews, announce concerts and stuff, all that kind of stuff basically

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Thu May 10, 2007 20:14

Bavaria green label, I used to quite like when I was over there, out of all the yellow fizzy dutch muck. And the Trappist range, but they make your head and legs go funny pretty quicksmart.

You have to drink schlep, because Cardiacs live are a pale imitation of their recorded selves, and way too loud to hear anyway. (The second part's kinda true, but then I've never watched them from upstairs like the middleaged probably should; seriously, I've got diminished hearing from being a drummer and it's still too damn loud for me.) Hope to see you there bud!

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Thu May 10, 2007 20:59

We are acustomed to Belgium beer, which is much heavier then that British stuff you call beer.
After one or two Belgium beers, i'm sure that most of you are pissed as hell.

Runs again

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Thu May 10, 2007 21:44

Made Of Worms wrote:You have to drink schlep, because Cardiacs live are a pale imitation of their recorded selves, and way too loud to hear anyway. (The second part's kinda true, but then I've never watched them from upstairs like the middleaged probably should; seriously, I've got diminished hearing from being a drummer and it's still too damn loud for me.) Hope to see you there bud!

Aha, SO Cardiacs are way very loud in concert! This is news to me - hard to tell from second-hand evidence of audio & video, but I suspected as much.

I DO expect Cardiacs live to be a whole different ballgame from solitary thoughtful listening, sitting around my living room comparing notes with myself - something like a big LOUD beer-soaked heaving slow motion explosion?
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Thu May 10, 2007 22:20

schlep wrote:
Made Of Worms wrote:You have to drink schlep, because Cardiacs live are a pale imitation of their recorded selves, and way too loud to hear anyway.

Aha, SO Cardiacs are way very loud in concert! This is news to me - hard to tell from second-hand evidence of audio & video, but I suspected as much.

'scuse hacking about quotes within quotes (i do hate reams of accumulated contrails, or entrails...) yeh, very very much -- there was a density at the start the like i hadn't experienced before in anticipation of seeing any band; in fact for a short while the atmospheric pressure seemed to suggest that the word cardiac might be disturbingly precise..., and then the "big LOUD beer-soaked heaving slow motion explosion" should just about be precise enough.
Might do a mixture of upstairs/downstairs this year. :|

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Thu May 10, 2007 22:24

it maybe an acoustic set.............

i'll get me coat...

ChrisLuxford
All Spectacular

Postby ChrisLuxford » Thu May 10, 2007 23:18

Batesy wrote:My best mate's wife is expecting a baby - due on November 16! He comes to every Cardiacs gig with me and was gutted when he thought he might miss it! His wife told him that if she's had it, he can go. If anyone has any tips on how to safely induce an early birth, let me know...

Gin.

Mrs L and I will be there.
DANK DISPLEASURE IN EVERY WELL-MEANING GLANCE

clippa
Cardiacs Expert

Postby clippa » Thu May 10, 2007 23:48

Kick her down the stairs. Hammer a stake up her chuff, improvise, do we have to think of everything?

chippy
Cardiacs Expert

Postby chippy » Fri May 11, 2007 00:08

Gubbins wrote:
chippy wrote:
Alternate BC wrote:I usually get high on music. Don't need anything else.

im with you ABC, I might treat myself to a can but just going to enjoy the moment.

I seem to remember you telling me a wee story in the pub after NSRO about drugs and Cardiacs.... Eh? ;)

ok you got me :lol:
There's thousands of people just like me all over

frostbyte
"oh engineer....."

Postby frostbyte » Sun May 27, 2007 11:43

yay! my sister in law is coming to the gig as well!!!!
finally a convert in the family!!!!
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"