INTRODUCE YOURSELF

This place is for support questions and reporting any bugs/mistakes found on the forum.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

frostbyte
"oh engineer....."

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby frostbyte » Sat Sep 16, 2006 22:07

Hi, this thread is solely for telling the other members a bit about yourself, so new fishies can have a read up on who we are and based on whether they like waht they see, decide to stay or run away as fast as their little legs can carry them.

i'll start off ok?

Hi!

I am Frostbyte

in daily life i am a tattoo artist, which is the best job ever for reasons i wont get into now, heheh

i am also a musician, and have been since i was 12
i play guitars, bassguitar and drums, and very ocassionally i have been know to try a spot of singing.

i am 34 years of age, and i have a 5 year old son, who is the cutest ever ofcourse.

i am also married, to my wife as it happens, and her name is Naomi and she's the dogs bollocks! although she doesnt like Cardiacs.

before i became a full time tattoo artist i worked for a welfare foundation doing their PR, Sysadmin and webdesign/programming.
which leads me to what i do here, which is tinkering with all the cogs and sprockets behind the forum, and oiling them evey now and then. and ocassionally hammering them and cutting extra teeth in the gears.

i am addicted to chocolate, and will do anything to obtain aforementioned cocoaproduct.

well, if you wanna know anything, just ask
(i might just answer truthfully) heheh

:lol:
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Sat Sep 16, 2006 22:38

Hello lovely people...

My name is Pet Lamb (well, it isn't my real name obviously, my parents weren't quite that mad, although that is a matter of opinion)...

I am married to the lovely Fu Manchu (who also is a poster on here and also loves Cardiacs) we live in Bonnie Scotland with our pet budgie Sausage...

I am a Moderator on this lovely forum...so behave yourselves... :wink: nah, I don't bite...

I am addicted to Pickled Onions and Pickled Onion crisps...I wouldn't last a day without one of them... :shock:

I like nothing better than winning competitions and getting letters printed in newspapers and magazines...(and no, I am not a complainer, they are all 'happy' letters!)

I've loved Cardiacs for a long time...showing my age here...!

Fu and my wedding pics are in the 'Photo Thread' if you want to have a wee look... :D :D

The Mop™
Silver Cardiac

Postby The Mop™ » Sat Sep 16, 2006 22:47

Hi there...my name is Joe yet I have many monikers...I am eighteen years old and am starting Uni on monday to study music in Broadstairs.

I enjoy nothing more than playing guitar (Cardiacs usually), and have been playing since just before I turned sixteen.

I also have a fairly strong interest in art and often draw cartoons and other such surreal things that can be found on my deviantArt thing. I've done a couple of commissions also.

I fairly recently got into Cardiacs via Oceansize, which was probably early this year, but they very quickly took over my life and I cannot believe what I've been missing out on. :)

Well that's me!
My ridiculous world - http://www.themopcollective.co.uk

Carli Dogstand
All Spectacular

Postby Carli Dogstand » Sat Sep 16, 2006 23:04

Hello, I'm Carli.

My husband is Mr Dogstand and we have 4 kids in total, Jimmy, Charlie (from his previous marriage) and Cameron (a girl) and Tille.

The whole family actually like Cardiacs (Cameron even asked for Tarred and Feathered to be played at her birthday disco (we did not oblige)).

I've been into Cardiacs for about 18 years now, my first gig being the Woolwich Tramshed; nice and intimate :)

I sing and play sax in a band 'Dogstand' with Mr D and 4 others, pure unashamed pop (as we think it ought to be!)

I shout more than I should, but that's just to scare off the wimps.

I have a murky past, although now my biggest vice is tea, and I need at least 10 cups a day.

Mr D says I have too many clothes and shoes (but I tell him to Fu*k off - and he thanks me for it in the end).

she is blessed with the mane of a horse and wings of a bee

dog like marky
All Spectacular

Postby dog like marky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 01:36

hello there im the new bloke mark i live in sunny slough and am currently inbetween careers(ok ok im not sure what i want to do at the mo but its prob nothing i did before) im 35 and a bit love music and heard cardiacs the first time whilst replacing an engine on a friends vw campervan(he lived in the road adjasent to where the slough festival was being held so it was a subconsious thing and i didnt know who it was then . fastforward a year im at the vw fest bug jam in my own vw camper with some other friends. they insisted on playing this tape of heaven born and ever bright and songs for ships and irons over and over .we went home tape stayed in tapedeck even tho i didnt admit it at the time there was no hope. i was hooked went to see them the following week at the powerhouse and loads of times since basicly if it was in a 100 mile radius i was there and like the rest of you i crave more and more ahem... anyways im engaged to nikki have a dog called billy who needs an ASBO....but we love him and loads of (well 3 old vws) in my spare time i play the drums (badly) guitar (worse) was in a band called the swamp donkeys who went nowhere but it was a fun journey oh and my bestist birthday involved having a pint with Cardiacs before a gig in portsmouth as kavus (when he was doing roadie stuff )dragged me in cos of the teeshirt that was the weirdest hour of my life (involving discussions about funny noises and pubic hair) but im off before i send you all to sleep laters mark
Yet more mis-spelled long winded waffle without Grammar

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:35

I'm the Alternate ABC, whatsinaname, i'm 38 years old, yes OLD. I founded this forum and the unofficial Cardiacs museum homepage. The forum started out as a joke really, on one of those free servers, but people were really interested. Since it was a free server, one day the forum disappeared because they had not paid the bill. I put up a new forum on a Dutch provider which was a bit more stable. After i made a start with the Museum, Whippersnapper joined in doing the art work. I wanted to transfer the forum to my domain, but had no idea how to do this, luckely Frostbyte joined the forum and did all the hard work and transferred, configured and modified the lot.
I've been a fan on and off of Cardiacs since the early 90's. On and off, because it took years for a new release. I love all kinds of music, from really really weird to pop.
My wife and i have a 9 months old daughter. Right now i'm the only one in the family who likes Cardiacs, but i'm hoping this will change in the future when my daughter grows up :)

whippersnapper
ABC graphic designer

Postby whippersnapper » Sun Sep 17, 2006 15:44

I'm Whippersnapper, but my real name is Berlinka, but again really it is Bernard. I'm 32 years old.

I've been a music fanatic all my life. I still got a photo of me being 4 years old and banging my drum. I have had some guitar lessons and later on bought a electric guitar and joined several bands.

I love being creative, and I did much composing with a 4-track recorder, guitar and keyboard. I also did all the voices and loved doing multi-layered vocals. I was very inspired by Zappa back then. Especially the avantgarde-instrumental-with-many-notes pieces inspired me much (Uncle Meat and such)

I still have a studioband now called Missionfinger (myspace.com/missionfinger) and am busy with some home made stuff again.

I also do painting, drawing and other creative things. I'm inspired by faerie art like that of Brian Froud.

I am a graphic designer and web master and currently work at a Dutch museum as one of the people from the communication staff.

I make websites and am a Photoshop wizard!

I got a wife and a daughter who's turning three at the end of this month

There's much more to tell, but I maybe bore you to death with it... :lol:

The Happy Apple
Gold Cardiac

Postby The Happy Apple » Sun Sep 17, 2006 21:56

ooo ooo ooo, 'bout time i introduced meself really :)

I'm another Frost me. I don't really like my given forename :( so i tend to ask people to make one up lah. Most enjoyable so far is Jeremy i think...Jeremy or Jefro (short for Geoffrey)...so there, I'm Jeremy Frost. Hello.

i'm still a blubber at the impressionable age of eighteen and have been adoring cardiacs for...two years...ish? Dove into them via the now legendary Oceansize cover and not looked back really.

I've recently finished college and currently in the starting shuffle of a glorious gap year before jumping into manchester uni to do Maths and Theoretical Physics, lar dee dar. I'm a lazy layabout and spend a lot of my time reading, being musically musical, getting up late (average...about 4/5pm) and flapping about out in the world. Lovely really.

Unlike my Frost-namesake...i'm sadly not married, nor do i have any kiddies...i'm not a big fan of chocolate actually. Not that it's bad, don't get me wrong...but yknow...bleh, bit sickly after a bit :)

Finally, a picture :

Still got that general expression really.

Ady
cardiacs folky

hey there

Postby Ady » Mon Sep 18, 2006 08:40

hi-my name is adrian-but everyone knows me as ady,i'm a new fish here but have been a cardiacs fan since i was 15.

i live in witney,oxfordshire.uk.probably the only cardiacs fan in my town-unfortunaly.
i enjoy mainly music,apart from the obvious i enjoy allsorts-from folk-to jazz-to world-to dance-to metal and loud instrumental stuff like pelican.
i love me books-all sorts of stuff.world cinema,djing,cycling me bike and good ale.
don't watch telly-cause its rubbish.
i'm single and have been for a long time,again unfortunatly.
i be on myspace as ady-my name to find me should be adyrandom-i be in that cardiacs group.
hello all.

Mr Dogstand
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Mr Dogstand » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:04

Hellooooo, I'm Mr Dogstand, and it's my job to hide Carli Dogstand's things when she's at work, and pretend I haven't seen them when she asks me where they are later on!

I write songs and play in Dogstand the band. Mrs D and I also perform as an accoustic duo known as The Dogstand Women's Darts League. This isn't the only thing we do. We have made some very small people together. I have also made two bigger boy people with another lady who ran away, and so we all live together in a little gingerbread house in a sleepy little hamlet called Bromley. It's nice here!
Mr Dogstand.

"Shouting at Young Children Since 1989"

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Mon Sep 18, 2006 15:23

Hi, I'm Stephen Wilson aka schlep,

(This picture is not of me, but a different Steve Wilson who also hails from the state of Virginia as it happens...I'll post a real picture when I can work out the tech logisticks)

I'm 46, happily ex-married with a brilliant daughter named Molly, who has just turned 18 and flown the coop, off to college to study vocal music! I live in a little cottage with two cats, surrounded by trees and bushes and birds & things, it's an oasis of green in the middle of the city.

By day I'm a shipping clerk at an art museum, hence 'schlep'. I'm sort of an amateur musician, play a little guitar and mandolin but am obsessed with the fiddle, playing various types of folk music, especially Irish. My musical interests are all over the place; I live in a house where prog and punk rock have always been friendly to each other - which means there's plenty of room for Cardiacs!
Despite my advanced age, I have been observed jumping around, spilling beer on myself, in public places, most recently at a Robert Pollard show.
My hair is real, 100% Tibetan yak's fur.
I'm new to Cardiacs music, and so generally a harmless and enthusiastic presence on this forum I hope. One of these days I hope to turn up in a pond where I can meet you all - won't be this November though, unfortunately!
Continue the excellence.

Catfactory
New fish

Who is him.....

Postby Catfactory » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:44

So glad to find a site dedicated to Cardiacs and their spawn.

Hello to you all

:D

I'm a 39 year old father of 2 who still looks back to the heady days of 1987 when I first saw them play Stairways, Birkenhead and managed to see them many times in London when I moved there for 9 years.

Back up North again now and introducing my 2 year old daughter to the delights of this wonderful and sadly underrated band.

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:51

W E L C O M E...!!!!! :D :D

whippersnapper
ABC graphic designer

Postby whippersnapper » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:36

Hi there Catfactory! It's nice that people seem to find their way tho this place.

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Tue Sep 19, 2006 14:09

Oh, here I am for real! Greetings from the sunny south!
xx Squinty the sailor