AUTHORITY GIG - Kavus Torabi

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Ian E
Gold Cardiac

Postby Ian E » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:23

Hope you all enjoyed the Authority gig on Saturday 31st April. I really want to listen to them all the time this week, and it's a shame there are no recordings yet. (Their MySpace page used to have a version of You Know from Fire, which I think is being re-recorded.) Anway, two songs should be on-line very soon :) I spoke to Jason (from Foe and Geiger Counter) at the gig, and Authority have been recording 2 tracks with him. I can't believe how good they were live
When there are legitimate concerns to be addressed and goodwill involved, a personal and direct conversation rarely fails to find solutions. Robert Fripp

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:34

unfortunatly i couldn't make it-but everyone who went from here i think had a great time.

by the way hello ian E,hope you like this little pond :D

Pet Lamb
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Pet Lamb » Tue Apr 03, 2007 13:23

Welcome to the forum Ian E... :D

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Tue Apr 03, 2007 13:32

Yeah, welcome Ian E.

Come on in, the water's fine. :D

chippy
Cardiacs Expert

Postby chippy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 13:37

yes welcome Ian E.

Lucky you for going to that gig Im so jealous, but dont worry im quite used to being jealous and disapointed being a cardiac fan
There's thousands of people just like me all over

Ian E
Gold Cardiac

Postby Ian E » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:24

Cheers. I used to be a bit of a lurker on the chat list, but unsubscribed as I only had a work computer and wasn't allowed to use it for personal e-mails. I now have a more relaxed job, but haven't been able to sign up for the chat list again so far. I've been told it's not workign fro mthe website link. Cheers for your hellos :) I'm sure I've met a lot of you before at gigs, or hope to soon.

I asked Kavus about Cardiacs' status and he said they're progressing slowly! Authority will have two recordings on their MySpace site very soon and are looking for a label to release them as a single
When there are legitimate concerns to be addressed and goodwill involved, a personal and direct conversation rarely fails to find solutions. Robert Fripp

ChrisLuxford
All Spectacular

Postby ChrisLuxford » Wed Apr 04, 2007 15:37

Where you at the Authority gitg Ian? I didn't see you, I'd have said hello if I had.

I shall have to try and get to an Elevenses gig some day, I know I've said that before, but I do mean it.
DANK DISPLEASURE IN EVERY WELL-MEANING GLANCE

Ian E
Gold Cardiac

Postby Ian E » Wed Apr 04, 2007 16:02

Hi Chris. Yes I was there. I didn't see you either or would have said hello :) Was a great gig. Thanks, we need to book some more Elevenses gigs and I'll let you know.

Ian E
Gold Cardiac

Postby Ian E » Wed Apr 04, 2007 17:00

I liked green painted James Larcombe at the gig too :) If I go to a gig now and James Larcombe isn't in the band, it feels as if something is wrong...

Lol Drake
All Spectacular

Postby Lol Drake » Wed Apr 04, 2007 18:41

IAN - drop me a PM with your email address and I'll "fix you up" with a track or two.

Ian E
Gold Cardiac

Postby Ian E » Tue Apr 24, 2007 13:38

Hi Lol, thanks again for the mp3's. I'm listening to the Monsoon Bassoon live songs on repeat. Leiline N16 is very addictive. Thanks, you're a star

Lol Drake
All Spectacular

Postby Lol Drake » Tue Apr 24, 2007 20:23

no worries my love, I promise these things all the time but am always forgetting to do them. I have something here for Ady somewhere...

Ian E
Gold Cardiac

Postby Ian E » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:17

Cheers, you are most cool Lol.
I was actually at the Vortex gig by the Monsoon Bassoon and it was the first time I'd seen them. At the time, I was baffled by Stoke Newington not having a tube station and it took me hours to get home.