Some clarifications by Kavus...

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Sterbus
mad completist

Some clarifications by Kavus...

Postby Sterbus » Wed Nov 26, 2014 00:09

from the ever-good progressive ears forum:

Hi.
Just quickly then...

Pro shot gig at The Falcon.
I was with the band as crew for this gig. Don't remember any filming nor have I heard any talk of it since and Tim and I went through a lot of old footage to see what was salvageable.

The 2005 Astoria concert still all exists unedited. It was a mammoth project that cost us a lot of money, Tim would have mixed the audio and edited the footage but at the point of his accident had done neither.
It was one of those things he knew had to be done but was putting it off in favour of more fun stuff (the Garage rehearsals for instance) because it was such a behemoth.
We saw a rough that the film company did of Home Of Fadeless Splendour. The raw material was absolutely fantastic... 8 cameras including a boom flying over us, really magnificent but the cut they did left a lot to be desired (although looked ok by 'normal band' standards!) and Tim realised he'd have to do the whole thing himself. Anyone familiar with Mare's Nest will be aware that Tim's skill as a film editor was almost on a par with his ability as a composer. The set was a great mix of stuff, really exciting and we played well. It was the full band with two percussionists and two backing singers. I had a special haircut for the occasion so, if only to see myself 'quiffed up' in HD, I wish this had been finished.

This follow up album is apocryphal. A few of the tunes exist but there never was a 'lost' album. This is the first I've heard of the computer fvck up although it sounds typical of the the kind of thing that would be said.

The second Sea Nymphs album on the other hand is not demos but all mixed and finished. I imagine this will come out at some point. Don't ask me when, though.

This is the first I've heard about a US tour with Bungle. Given Tim, Bob and I were such fans it would have been a big deal. Tim and Mike Patton were talking about Cardiacs being on Ipecac for a while but nothing came of it. Patton wanted a new album which, at the time in 2005, we didn't have.

Hope that clears a few things up!
anything anyplace anywhere for no reason at all
All my music here... http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Re: Some clarifications by Kavus...

Postby drterror666 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:58

Sterbus, you were beaten to the post. There's a thread here.

But, thanks anyway.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 01:22

drterror666 wrote:Sterbus, you were beaten to the post. There's a thread here.

But, thanks anyway.

Oops, sorry, I did a quick search, too quick maybe... :?
anything anyplace anywhere for no reason at all
All my music here... http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

Barbecutie
New fish

Postby Barbecutie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 03:27

Mr.Flower wrote:Not that it needed confirming (as we should all take Mr.Torabi's word as gospel), but on the subject of a new Sea Nymphs album - it is true, it should see the light of day next year. I've just bought some of the beautiful Ms.Sarah Cutt's art as an Xmas present for someone and she admitted that yes, depending on Tim's health, there should be a release in 2015. She ended the conversation with "Glad to know you love the Sea Nymphs coz I do too."

That has made my day.

!!!

snowman
Cardiacs Expert

Postby snowman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 08:35

yeeeeeeeeeeees! :D

Eddy
Silver Cardiac

Postby Eddy » Fri Dec 26, 2014 02:31

Hooray!!!

I've been waiting for this one for years now! Get well soon Tim!

-Eddie, in the states