GINGER MESSAGE ABOUT TIM REHAB

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Sterbus
mad completist

GINGER MESSAGE ABOUT TIM REHAB

Postby Sterbus » Mon Mar 24, 2014 13:55

The wonderful person that is Tim Smith has his appeal to the funding board for essential rehab coming up IN TWO DAYS.

Please write something about how important the man is to you, send it here sarahndipity09@facebook.com and feel good about helping someone who has helped so many people here. Please let then know that Tim is a human being, not just a case.

He needs you. Thank you.

Gx
p.s. Please re post this address anywhere and everywhere you think will be willing to help.
anything anyplace anywhere for no reason at all
All my music here... http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

Sterbus
mad completist

Re: GINGER MESSAGE ABOUT TIM REHAB

Postby Sterbus » Mon Mar 24, 2014 15:13

Sarah adds:

"Just for those who are asking, it's a standard funding review that all patients receive, but we want to make more happen for Tim this year, so we have to apply for the money for those changes, and any positive input be it medical or personal all helps support the case. It makes Tim more of a person to the funding board, instead of just another case to consider. While all the donations are wonderfully useful, therapy is expensive, and the more we can get from the NHS, the better. xxx"

8)

cactus
Bronze Cardiac

Postby cactus » Mon Mar 24, 2014 15:21

Just read this on Ginger's twitter. I'm somewhat nervous about what to say, but I will send something about what an important and inspiring person Tim is to so many people.

Kettle
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Kettle » Tue Mar 25, 2014 22:04

I just tried sending an email to sarahndipity09@facebook.com but had "message could not be delivered" bounce-back.
I'm not on "the face book" but presumably that's a normal functioning email address innit?
does anyone have an alternative contact address as I'd like to send what I've written if it will help.

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Wed Mar 26, 2014 02:49

Kettle wrote:I just tried sending an email to sarahndipity09@facebook.com but had "message could not be delivered" bounce-back.
I'm not on "the face book" but presumably that's a normal functioning email address innit?
does anyone have an alternative contact address as I'd like to send what I've written if it will help.

I don't know. I used the same mail and the message has been received, Someone else has pm'd her on fb...

mukmew
Bronze Cardiac

Postby mukmew » Wed Mar 26, 2014 03:32

Just sent a heartfelt message.

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Wed Mar 26, 2014 03:55

Didn't know what to put.

Tim Smith is not just a case, he’s a human.

Further.

Tim Smith is not just a human.

Sort of like David Bowie or Richard Wagner aren’t/weren’t just humans.

Am I saying that some people are more deserving of the very best nationally funded rehabilitation therapy available, based upon what I perceive to be their contribution to the nation in question? Yes, that is what I am saying.

Just adding one voice to what I imagine will be many.

Wonder how it went, tomorrow I guess.

montoid
Cardiacs Expert

Postby montoid » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06

Done.

Rarely get the chance to use the word, incumbent. Looks weird, doesn't it. :? :)

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Fri Mar 28, 2014 16:57

From FB: "Just a reminder that Tim Smith has his appeal to the funding board coming up VERY SOON. This is an important event because it will help determine the level of support Tim gets for essential physio and rehabilitation.
It would be a great help if YOU could take a little bit of time to write something about Tim, his music, and what it means to you.
Its not that the funding board don't care or that there aren't people just as deserving but we can make a difference with this one. Please take a little bit of time to write a few words and help paint a picture of Tim and his contribution to your life either directly, or through his music.
After all, how many times in life do you get a chance to help one of your heroes?
Send your words to sarahndipity09@facebook.com
Ta x"

mukmew
Bronze Cardiac

Postby mukmew » Wed Apr 30, 2014 02:55

Any news on this?

mukmew
Bronze Cardiac

Postby mukmew » Fri May 09, 2014 01:40

That's a no then?

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Tue May 13, 2014 18:54

Would love to know how this went too. Fingers crossed. Hoping no news is good news x

chalkpie
New fish

Postby chalkpie » Mon May 04, 2015 02:48

bump????