Buttons for eyes Cardiacs Merchandise.

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

brosephine
Bronze Cardiac

Re: Buttons for eyes Cardiacs Merchandise.

Postby brosephine » Wed Mar 20, 2013 00:39

How strange :(

I ordered a LMAAH tshirt a couple of weeks ago and to my surprise it arrived a mere week (maybe even less!) later! Good quality too...

frostbyte
"oh engineer....."

Postby frostbyte » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:16

Well I ordered some cards and shirts on December 10th. I am still waiting. Mailed a few times. Apparently orders got lost in the post. She said she'd send it again. Still nothing. And she has stopped replying to my messages as well now. I feel ripped off.
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 15:55

Definitely not looking good!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Bispy
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Bispy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 23:15

frostbyte wrote:Well I ordered some cards and shirts on December 10th. I am still waiting. Mailed a few times. Apparently orders got lost in the post. She said she'd send it again. Still nothing. And she has stopped replying to my messages as well now. I feel ripped off.

that's pretty much my story, too. :(
The more NOW you are, the more THEN you'll be.

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Mar 26, 2013 16:43

Still no answer on Faecebook either. Do you think our money went to Tim?

ryan
Diamond Cardiac

Re:

Postby ryan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 17:25

Made Of Worms wrote:Still no answer on Faecebook either. Do you think our money went to Tim?

i'd be inclined to think yes. the build up to shirts from cards was slow and gradual. if she'd been claiming something that wasn't the case i'm sure someone would've piped up about it.

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Mar 26, 2013 23:01

It's just that it might not have done if the operation's crumbled for whatever reason, personal perhaps, maybe tragic. Oh well, I expect we'll hear something sometime.

ryan
Diamond Cardiac

Postby ryan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 16:32

i suspect the t-shirts were a larger under-taking then anticipated.

cardiako
New fish

Postby cardiako » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:01

I ordered my shirts and cards on January, total of 58 pounds. Since then, I've received not a single word from her. And I never got my parcel.

I've tried to contact her several times, asking politely what's taking so long, or if the parcel's got lost in the mail. I tried to write from couple of addresses - not a single answer.

In her site she adverts she can also be contacted by Skype. I added her on my Skype, and never got any response. I also notified that she had removed the 'Cardiacs' category from her site - and later she was selling the rest of her Cardiacs shirts on eBay.

Finally, couple of months ago, I decided to report to the European Consumer Centre about my situation.
Now I got the reply, they said nothing can be done because they received no answer from the seller either.

This is really upsetting. Can't I do anything? The only good thing I can imagine in a situation like this, is that the money really went for the benefit of Tim Smith. But how can I be sure, for I'm not getting ANY response to my contact attempts? I'd be happy to hear even that the parcel's been lost, or that she haven't had the items in stock, or whatever..

I just can't think of any good reason for this kind of behavior. =(

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29

You're not alone, cardiako. There were a number of people who didn't recieve their t-shirts, as you can see from previous posts. Unfortunately, it's looking like their are a number of possibilities:

1) She has ripped everyone off and is holidaying in Marbella

2) The business has folded because she crossed the wrong person (possibly The Consultant)

3) She has died in a tragic airplane crash (possibly on the way to Marbella)

You'll have to excuse my sense of humour, but I think humour is all we have left. Have you thought of PMing her from this site; she's still active on this site as buttonsforeyes.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

cardiako
New fish

Postby cardiako » Fri Aug 16, 2013 09:33

No problem, I think it's important to approach these kind of things with humour =)
And yes, I've tried contacting her through the website's message field also, no response. I don't use Facebook, and to be honest I don't think I could reach her that way either..

Just remember, when you put up a webstore in UK, you can just take the customer's money and you don't have any duties or responsibilities since then, just stop answering the messages! Easy profit ;)

Let's just hope that the new Cardiacs webstore treats the customer a bit more respectfully.

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:22

Oh, I doubt anyone's going to have problems with the new webstore. That's an HONEST business.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Fri Aug 16, 2013 21:23

Yeah, Buttons made a good job of screwing a few of us over :( BUT HOORAY for the new shop and the new news re Tim's therapy. My dream of Cardiacs at Wembley (even with Tim in a chair draws ever closer!!). I've got all the music the new shop is selling already (most of my vinyl was picked up in Scorpion Records (now CounterCulture) in High Wycombe in the mid/late 90's second hand for 3 quid a piece :-D apart from the bits i bought on release but i can't wait to buy NEW SPANGLY PROPER T-Shirts cos thats always been my Cardiacs consumable (got through about 6 already.......) oh, and greetings Cardiako. Its nice here (from time to time)
xM
last one out turn off the lights.