For The Benefit Of Mr Smith

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

psparky27

Re: For The Benefit Of Mr Smith

Postby psparky27 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 15:34

Im still finding bits of confetti in my clothes and on my bedroom floor :)

I could not help jumping around like a loon and apologies for a guy I think I elbowed.

Managed a quick hi to MrLuckman to see what a great job he and mr foozling had done. was very proud.

Weirdest moment of the night was when we all clapped for an encoure of an imaginary band and they did ! Timed to perfection !

Oh and being called the young ones (me and my girl) when im 40 made my evening :)

scott
Diamond Cardiac

Postby scott » Mon Jan 16, 2012 15:42

www.myspace.com/kiteseasonImage

And now the night of weeping shall be
The morn of song

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Mon Jan 16, 2012 15:48

Sounds like you all had a blast. Hopefully it will have raised a fair bit of cash for our man Timmy.

Spenno2011
New fish

Postby Spenno2011 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 17:56

Well... Cardiacs disco was a triumph! To be honest, before Saturday night I wasn’t sure how it would work – would it be like a club night or more like a gig? In the end it was something new, a glorious half-club/half-gig hybrid! Here’s my mini-review texted afterwards from the train home…

“Great ‘gig-like’ night, proper volume and lights, big flower backdrop and a room full of dancing, singing, smiling girls and boys, all sharing hugs and party balloons while being showered in blasts of confetti!”

I’m still grinning now!

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 18:21

Can just make us out near the end ! The camera is too high up :)

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 18:44

Just nicked this from the chat list:

play list for the night :)

the icing on the world
burn your house brown
there's good cud
joining the plankton
in a city lining
dog like sparky
victory egg
day is gone
manhoo
too many irons in the fire
dirty boy
home of fadeless splendour
arnald
duck and roger the horse
junior is a jitterbug
anything i can't eat
to go off and things
plane plane against the grain
leader of the starry skies
interlude/dive
all spectacular
signs
eat it up worms hero
eating in bed
a horses tale
everything is easy
r.e.s.
stone age dinosaurs
firey gun hand
tarred and feathered
i hold my love in my arms
big shipcameras/is this the life
The Whole world Window

Wildwards
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Wildwards » Tue Jan 17, 2012 14:40

A fantastic night. Far better than my expectations, and my girlfriends too. A great way to hook her into the pond!

Apart from all the tracks themselves it was all the bits of Tim talking on stage and all the random live inbetween music bits from live shows that really made it that extra special

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 19:21

Wildwards wrote:A fantastic night. Far better than my expectations, and my girlfriends too. A great way to hook her into the pond!

Apart from all the tracks themselves it was all the bits of Tim talking on stage and all the random live inbetween music bits from live shows that really made it that extra special

where abouts was you standing in the room wildwards?

Fugazi
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fugazi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 21:28

It sounds like it was a brilliant night - all the more reason to do it again,eh ? :D

BTW the evening just got mentioned on Marc Riley's show on BBC 6 Music. Cool :8:

cheers

Steve

Wildwards
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Wildwards » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:53

psparky27 wrote:
Wildwards wrote:A fantastic night. Far better than my expectations, and my girlfriends too. A great way to hook her into the pond!

where abouts was you standing in the room wildwards?

We were stationed on the left (facing the stage) fairly near the 'stage' near the wall with trips around and about.

if this quick time clip works I`m in the hat....Shucks it won't let me paste it in.

Where were you?

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 15:27

We was on the right.

There was an old guy next to us in a top hat thingy which i have seen in other videos. Would love to see yours too. maybe you can link it from you tube or something.

Spyda
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Spyda » Wed Jan 18, 2012 15:47

psparky27 wrote:We was on the right.

There was an old guy next to us in a top hat thingy which i have seen in other videos. Would love to see yours too. maybe you can link it from you tube or something.

That was my mate Roger with the top-hat. I was with him a lot of the night, in-between cig breaks and dancing like a loon :)
And if she only had stopped making that hissing noise . . .

bighen
New fish

Postby bighen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 20:37

What a fantastic evening and the sound reproduction was AWESOME!( Hats off to Foozling and Luckman who made it sound like a proper gig, fills an all! This cannot be allowed to be a one off, I buzzed so much (and wept for times so lovingly passed until the jaigermeisters kicked in!) Also a big thanks to Sel ( leader of the legendary band Amplifier who I love!) who was amiable and so down to earth.!!

It was a home of musical splendour!!

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Fri Jan 20, 2012 18:03

I love all those chaotic films of the night.

Dog-Like Sparky's great. I wish i'd been there now. That's BigShipIron (0:30) innit...?

What a bunch. :D

chinnington
New fish

Postby chinnington » Fri Mar 02, 2012 01:24

Just searched for Cardiacs disco on Youtube and got this - http://youtu.be/A_WAvi4ikCU