Mark Cawthra - REDBUS NOFACE - Album soon

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

North Sea Radio SOS
Silver Cardiac

Mark Cawthra - REDBUS NOFACE - Album soon

Postby North Sea Radio SOS » Fri Aug 05, 2011 23:27

Hello

Soz if this is old and talked to death...

Anyone already pre-ordered this one ? I just listened to the 1 minute previews on his site ( http://www.markcawthra.com/redbusnoface/default.html for anyone who needs a link ) and it all sounds rather swish to my ears. Can buy it for £10.00 GBP from here http://www.thegenepool.co.uk/items/759.htm ready for the release on August 16th 2011.
I think i will get me one for my earoles.
Batman : "What's yellow...and Points !?...."
Robin : " Got it! A BALLPOINT BANANA! "
Batman : " YES!.. ExACTly that Robin ! "

Ady
cardiacs folky

Re: Mark Cawthra - REDBUS NOFACE - Album soon

Postby Ady » Sat Aug 06, 2011 08:47

ya already pre ordered it....soundslike its going to be a gem. :D

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Sun Aug 07, 2011 22:08

Yup, me too.

North Sea Radio SOS
Silver Cardiac

Postby North Sea Radio SOS » Sun Aug 07, 2011 22:58

i just decided to go ahead and buy it :) Looking forward to it ! In other news : Cher Lloyd tops the charts with Swagger Jagger. A dark day for music...

z0mb13e
New fish

Postby z0mb13e » Mon Aug 08, 2011 15:02

Thanks for the heads up, done gone and ordered me a copy...

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 15:41

North Sea Radio SOS wrote:i just decided to go ahead and buy it :) Looking forward to it ! In other news : Cher Lloyd tops the charts with Swagger Jagger. A dark day for music...

I think the darkest day was when "mr blooby" was at number one !

The charts are no reflection on anything really . well maybe how stupid some people are but thats about it !

z0mb13e
New fish

Postby z0mb13e » Mon Aug 08, 2011 15:56

psparky27 wrote:
North Sea Radio SOS wrote:i just decided to go ahead and buy it :) Looking forward to it ! In other news : Cher Lloyd tops the charts with Swagger Jagger. A dark day for music...

The charts are no reflection on anything really . well maybe how stupid some people are but thats about it !

Surely it has to have been Brian Adams? 16 weeks? It was a dark and cold musical winter. I mean - come on... every radio, every where for 16 weeks. It was like being stuck at a wedding reception for 4 months!

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 16:26

z0mb13e wrote:
psparky27 wrote:

Surely it has to have been Brian Adams? 16 weeks? It was a dark and cold musical winter. I mean - come on... every radio, every where for 16 weeks. It was like being stuck at a wedding reception for 4 months!

But whose fault is that. Its the people who kept on buying it so let them wallow in it !

z0mb13e
New fish

Postby z0mb13e » Mon Aug 08, 2011 16:47

psparky27 wrote: But whose fault is that. Its the people who kept on buying it so let them wallow in it !

But when you were working somewhere where day time radio 1 was blasting out and it was impossible to escape then you become collateral damage having to suck it up without being reduced to tears.

Thankfully these days I have Spotify and a genial work colleague with interesting musical taste. He keeps playing "You Give a Little Love" by Silvery (albeit followed by other original Bugsy tunes) and now he likes Cardiacs, sort of.

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 16:54

z0mb13e wrote:
psparky27 wrote: But whose fault is that. Its the people who kept on buying it so let them wallow in it !

But when you were working somewhere where day time radio 1 was blasting out and it was impossible to escape then you become collateral damage having to suck it up without being reduced to tears.

Thankfully these days I have Spotify and a genial work colleague with interesting musical taste. He keeps playing "You Give a Little Love" by Silvery (albeit followed by other original Bugsy tunes) and now he likes Cardiacs, sort of.

Unfortunatly I am getting that a bit at the moment with someone ipod banging out some real dross!

Although had to admit it any music played again and again becomes boring and dull! even the really good stuff!

North Sea Radio SOS
Silver Cardiac

Postby North Sea Radio SOS » Tue Aug 09, 2011 13:19

Apologies for starting up an argument of sorts on here, i was only joshing around anyway :? I couldn't care less about Cher Lloyd's music, but she has every right to make the music she wants to. I would never take that away from her...but the song IS awful :razz:

EDIT :

WOOHOO ! My copy of REDBUS NOFACE turned up today ! 8) Will listen in a mo !

North Sea Radio SOS
Silver Cardiac

Postby North Sea Radio SOS » Sat Aug 13, 2011 16:06

Apologies up front for the double post :oops: but i have to say this REDBUS NOFACE album is quite something special :shock: Absolutely loved it !

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Sat Aug 13, 2011 16:58

My copy came today and I totally agree, it's a cracking album from start to finish.

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Thu Aug 18, 2011 19:51

yep got my copy today...jumped for joy when i saw it......and oh man what an album it is.....i thought it was going to be good but MAN its better than good...there's not even an average track on it.....fvck its a damn fine time to be a cardiacs affectionado at the moment....this has made my day and i love it already...one hell of a happy bunny here in the shire. :D

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Thu Aug 18, 2011 20:10

Looking very forward. Ever since hearing that track on "...Affectionate Friends" - I couldn't believe he DIDN'T have an album out.
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today