Latest news on Tim's tribute album

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

z0mb13e
New fish

Re: Latest news on Tim's tribute album

Postby z0mb13e » Thu Aug 18, 2011 16:00

psparky27 wrote:
z0mb13e wrote:
I imagined the consultant barking orders and 'controlling' the finances to his own personal end... :)

I imagined hes very particular and anal so that everything was all sorted out so he could concentrate on mayhem elsewhere........

If his estate was in such a bad way would it really take 3 years? it just feels such a juxtaposition as everyone has rallied around with books, Cds and concerts?

The tux/bow tie always lead me to believe that he was far to busy attending soirées to do any actual work himself, save for signing the occasional pre-prepared document.

Meanwhile in reality it is indeed a shame that the back catalogue and other merchandise isn't available when there is an increasing demand. I would love to add a couple of CDs to complete my CD collection - the tapes and vinyl just don't get used any more I'm sad to say, and I can't bring myself to spend silly money on ebay. Not that I really need the CDs either as it's all mp3'd anyway...

What I really want is a nice quality black hoodie or fleece with a small little man logo embroidered on it! The only thing stopping me getting one made (as it's so easy these days to get one offs made) is my unswerving respect for THEM and consequently their copyright. Couple that with two decades of easy access to merchandise and it just doesn't feel right to make my own without THEM benefiting (not that that stopped me when I was a teenager with my own home made screen printed shirts, logos painted on boots etc). I give it until xmas and then I will treat myself to an embroidered hoodie if nothing is forth coming from official channels...

However, I have always had the impression that nothing ever happened quickly in Cardiacs land so I expect things will happen eventually...

mr_ceebs
New fish

Postby mr_ceebs » Fri Dec 30, 2011 04:05

z0mb13e wrote:
psparky27 wrote:
z0mb13e wrote:
I imagined the consultant barking orders and 'controlling' the finances to his own personal end... :)

I imagined hes very particular and anal so that everything was all sorted out so he could concentrate on mayhem elsewhere........

If his estate was in such a bad way would it really take 3 years? it just feels such a juxtaposition as everyone has rallied around with books, Cds and concerts?

The tux/bow tie always lead me to believe that he was far to busy attending soirées to do any actual work himself, save for signing the occasional pre-prepared document.

Like I know someone who has a Theory that Jim is actually a bank manager, and the reason they appeared so sparsely, was they could only appear in his holidays.

Dann Chinn
New fish

Postby Dann Chinn » Wed Sep 12, 2012 09:17

Here’s a ridiculously belated review of ‘Leader of the Starry Skies’, posted up in 'Misfit City' at an eye-watering hour earlier this morning. It would have been written sooner, but I only relaunched 'Misfit City' in May this year… plus it’s never too late to write something about something this good, and if it gets a few more sales for Tim, then so much the better.

http://misfitcity.org/2012/09/12/review-various-artists-leader-of-the-starry-skies-a-tribute-to-tim-smith-songbook-1-album-2010-one-of-the-most-diverse-tribute-albums-imaginable/

Also, it took me a while to get to the heart of the album once I'd actually begun the review. I think that I got it right in the end.

The Bronx
Diamond Cardiac

Postby The Bronx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 15:44

I think you got it right too! Thanks Dann, I really enjoyed reading that and fanastically written too. :D

Dann Chinn
New fish

Postby Dann Chinn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 00:17

Bronx - thanks. :)

It's already a really popular post even though it's only been up for a couple of days. It looks as if some people are clicking through on the "buy" link to the Genepool page, so hopefully that's some fresh sales for Tim's benefit. 8)

brother abnego
"To log off and things"

Postby brother abnego » Mon Oct 01, 2012 18:56

In a timmy-tribute vein, I've just seen on the chatlist that Napalm Death are covering To Go Off And Things on a split single with The Melvins:

http://www.terrorizer.com/blog1.php/201 ... he-melvins

Shane Embury wrote:I’ve finally been able to do a cover of my favourite band, Cardiacs. It’s a real old one called ‘To Go Off And Things’ from 'The Seaside'. I’m being a bit fussy with it as it’s a labour of love, but it’s sounding pretty crazy. I want to put it out as a download too, to try and raise some money for Tim Smith, who’s very ill at the moment

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 19:35

I'll definitely be getting me a copy of that! :rock:
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Monkton
All Spectacular

Postby Monkton » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:35

fvck yes! ('bout time to!)
xM
last one out turn off the lights.

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:04

I wonder if anyone in Voivod likes Cardiacs? They'd be a good band to do a cover version.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,

Fugazi
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Fugazi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 14:27

drterror666 wrote:I wonder if anyone in Voivod likes Cardiacs? They'd be a good band to do a cover version.

Oh yes, absolutely! Coincidentally enough, I was listening to Dimension Hatröss earlier, and thought that the middle of "Chaosmongers" has a fast Cardiacs-y feel to it.

They're in the UK at the moment (Manchester tonight, Leeds tomorrow and London on Sunday), sadly I can't make any of them gigs.

cheers

Steve

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 15:55

Time for my sad story. I found out yesterday that Voivod were in Bristol at The Exchange, which is a new club 10 minutes from where I live. I couldn't go because both me and my wife are stuffed up with cold and we didn't have any money. I've been wanting to see this band since the 80's and I had to sit at home knowing they were playing just 10 minutes away from me. Gutted doesn't even begin to describe it. :(

Incidentally, have you listened to the new Voivod track, Mechanical Mind, yet. It's what you would get if you mashed up Killing Technology, Dimension Hatröss, Nothingface and Angel Rat. Best song they've done in years. Listen here!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,