Latest news on Tim's tribute album

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

Fiery Gun Lad
Gold Cardiac

Re: Latest news on Tim's tribute album

Postby Fiery Gun Lad » Fri Apr 22, 2011 17:58

drterror666 wrote:Is it possible to get one online or is it shop only?

...i picked up the single (sparkly white vinyl with tiny, lovely words about our Tim all around the edge of the label!) in Bristol's Rise today & they had a good 6-7 singles left- if you gave them a bell i'm sure they'd put one aside for you...
...there's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets...

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 19:37

I got one! WHOOPEE!

Now, if I could only find someone in the UK selling the Record Store Day picture disc version of Killing The Dragon by Dio I'll die happy!
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Sat Apr 23, 2011 13:03

£20 for the Steven Wilson/Oceansize split single on Discogs already. :roll:
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=2834098&ev=rb
How much was it originally?

drterror666
Cardiacs Expert

Postby drterror666 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 14:18

It's up on eBay as well for that sort of rip off price.
Hello little doggy,
My, you are a nice dog,
What did you just say then?
You could do some tricks! Oh, good, then will you show me?
My word that's a good one!
Would you like a cigarette?
No you can't, they're bad for you!

princess_stomper
Silver Cardiac

Postby princess_stomper » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:52

Nice review of William D Drake album with lengthy bit about Cardiacs also links to tribute album

http://www.collapseboard.com/reviews/cd ... matopoeia/

Armitage Cistern
All Spectacular

Postby Armitage Cistern » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:18

Lucy's piece on William D Drake's album and more general things pertaining to Cardiacs has the sub title "How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Cardiacs." On Everett True's site. Nice one E.T.

mrg
Bronze Cardiac

Postby mrg » Mon Jun 27, 2011 14:55

an excellent piece, that. kudos to lucy cage.

Sterbus
mad completist

Postby Sterbus » Wed Jul 13, 2011 13:18

From the Porcupine Tree forum

"For those of you that haven't got the vinyl from anywhere else, Burningshed have a few remaining copies from Record Store Day:
http://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope ... /272/3141/ "
anything anyplace anywhere for no reason at all
All my music here... http://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

doctor-nut
Silver Cardiac

Postby doctor-nut » Sun Aug 14, 2011 08:39

Trouserpress wrote:Kavus posted this on the progressiveears forum today and I thought it would be worth copying and pasting here.

To be honest I was a little surprised by The Guardian piece. Bic had done the interview about a month before and the writer Ian Gittins' father had had a stroke so he was apparently very sensitive to the issue. When I read it there we're quotes in there from Bic that did not sound like him at all ('He's a great guy'...Bic never talks like that). When I spoke to Bic he was furious, apparently he had said very little of what he had been quoted as saying. Ho hum.

Yes, it does paint a rather bleak picture. Tim is not paralysed, nor can he do little else than 'be hoisted in and out of a wheelchair' (sorry if this is a little inaccurate, I'm quoting from memory here) however a lot of what was written is true and a lot more realistic than some of the missives and speculations that have been come out.

I have been fairly tight lipped about the situation, as have all Tim's friends, but if I'm honest one good thing about an article like this is does clear up to some extent what a lot of people have feared and the amount of fairly inane, although mostly genuinely well meaning, emails I've been bombarded with over the last couple of years from fans has slowed down a little.

You know; 'Hey are you and Tim Jamming again' and 'Why don't you put out Maresnest on DVD' or 'Are you working on finishing the new album again' etc. I've just found the whole thing extremely painful as you can imagine.

Also the sales of Leader Of The Starry Skies went right up after the feature.

We would love to make the entire back catalogue available again and are well aware everyone wants this and also the ridiculousness of a situation where interest in Tim's music is at an all time high, there is a big demand for it AND it will raise a lot of money

All I can say here is that it is proving EXTREMELY difficult right now. I can't go into the details unfortunately. We are doing our best to sort this out.

To re-affirm though. Tim is still the wonderful Tim in himself. He is still extremely funny and perceptive and as full of shit as he always was. He listens to music continually (including a lot of his own stuff) and enjoys regular visits from his pals. He just can't really do or say much right now but the money raised by this album is already going into more help for him.

He has good days and bad days as you might expect but is incredibly positive in his outlook....giving all of us around him hope.

xxx

So fantastic to read.
If I went to a BBQ and there was no meat, I'd be like, "Hey, Guber! Where's the meat?!"

http://www.facebook.com/doctornut
http://www.myspace.com/doctornut
http://www.soundcloud.com/doctornut

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 13:15

when you hear someone talk from the heart like that it does make you really appreciate the situation.

i still think that there must be a way to get the t-shirts and back cat out there . It must be a legal reason . i.e needing a signature or something as ex members are still able to get cds out ?

funex
Cardiacs Expert

Postby funex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 09:29

I would really love to properly understand the problem with the backcatalogue unavailability. It's infuriating, and you'd think that a band as 'indie' as Cardiacs, what with having their own bloody record label and everything, would just be able to do what they like.

After all, last time the backcat got reissued, they just released a load of CDRs with photocopied sleeves :D
Soggy fish. Soggy.

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:20

funex wrote:I would really love to properly understand the problem with the backcatalogue unavailability. It's infuriating, and you'd think that a band as 'indie' as Cardiacs, what with having their own bloody record label and everything, would just be able to do what they like.

After all, last time the backcat got reissued, they just released a load of CDRs with photocopied sleeves :D

Im with you on this Funex. I know it is difficult times but for me that just means there is even more reason too. Even if they gave us something not so vague as "we know people want them rereleased etc etc". The re-issues in 95 were proper cd's i think it was once that run had gone that they had to start doing CDr's ? all my CD's were bought via shops or record fairs . Was it just the ones sold through Cardiacs website?

How can you tell the difereance anyway? different cases ...Cd print etc.

Pheeel
All Spectacular

Postby Pheeel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 17:06

funex wrote:I would really love to properly understand the problem with the backcatalogue unavailability. It's infuriating, and you'd think that a band as 'indie' as Cardiacs, what with having their own bloody record label and everything, would just be able to do what they like.

My understanding was that Tim's finances were in such a chaotic state they're still trying to untangle the whole mess, work out who is still owed money, etc. I always picture an attic somewhere filled with teetering piles of paper and notebooks stacked right up to the roof, of which only Tim knows where anything is. Somehow I suspect he's not a man who's ever used the services of an accountant.
Some consider childish dreams a matter of necessity

z0mb13e
New fish

Postby z0mb13e » Wed Aug 17, 2011 19:44

Pheeel wrote:

My understanding was that Tim's finances were in such a chaotic state they're still trying to untangle the whole mess, work out who is still owed money, etc. I always picture an attic somewhere filled with teetering piles of paper and notebooks stacked right up to the roof, of which only Tim knows where anything is. Somehow I suspect he's not a man who's ever used the services of an accountant.

I imagined the consultant barking orders and 'controlling' the finances to his own personal end... :)

psparky27

Postby psparky27 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 21:09

z0mb13e wrote:
Pheeel wrote:

I imagined the consultant barking orders and 'controlling' the finances to his own personal end... :)

I imagined hes very particular and anal so that everything was all sorted out so he could concentrate on mayhem elsewhere........

If his estate was in such a bad way would it really take 3 years? it just feels such a juxtaposition as everyone has rallied around with books, Cds and concerts?