New Cardiacs Single...

The latest Cardiacs news is posted here. This is also the place to discuss the news stories. Only Administrators may start new topics here, but all Members may reply to topics.

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

steve adams
big dogs knob

Postby steve adams » Fri Oct 05, 2007 20:20

schlep wrote:The scary thing is, I don't see where anybody behaved any differently after the last warning, of 'vile things' etc. - maybe we were even worse.
But, happy outcome :)

ive stayed away from airports since that incident :shock:
also ive mislaid my passport :cry:
get well soon tim smith !!!

clippa
Cardiacs Expert

Postby clippa » Sat Oct 06, 2007 13:59

schlep wrote:The scary thing is, I don't see where anybody behaved any differently after the last warning, of 'vile things' etc. - maybe we were even worse.
But, happy outcome :)

Yeah, we'd grow up straight backed and bright if they were more consistent, I think they want us as flinching uncertain wrecks to bend to their will, they're conditioning us for something, there's something sinister going on here and I don't like it. Have we checked "home of fadeless splendour" for backwards messages?

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Sun Oct 07, 2007 13:44

The Concern wrote:That selfsame mill is now a shopping centre.

Reminds me of that fantastic Chumbawamba lyric where they changed England's dark satanic mills to England's stark ceramic malls.

And yeah the "...since 1977" bit :D.

The rest of it - behaviour, activities, flail, wha-evah, excuse me I've left a cup of tea brewing.

snowman
Cardiacs Expert

Postby snowman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:49

hello! newbie stinkhorn here - not sure why i can't post a new topic (but then i'm not overtly blog-bright). i have now been obsessed with cardiacs etc for 3 months, and it shows no signs of abating :) they are right up there with my favourite other bands, deerhoof etc and mr bungle etc...

anyways, i have 'ditzy scene', and wonder whether it's a precursor to The New Album, and if so, when this might be being born?

sorry if this has already been talked about to death.

Stevefarcue
Diamond Cardiac

Postby Stevefarcue » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:54

In the words of Obi Wan........He will learn patience.

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Wed Feb 20, 2008 13:14

stinkhorn wrote:hello! newbie stinkhorn here - not sure why i can't post a new topic (but then i'm not overtly blog-bright). i have now been obsessed with cardiacs etc for 3 months, and it shows no signs of abating :) they are right up there with my favourite other bands, deerhoof etc and mr bungle etc...

anyways, i have 'ditzy scene', and wonder whether it's a precursor to The New Album, and if so, when this might be being born?

sorry if this has already been talked about to death.

hi stinkhorn and welcome this smelly pond, not sure if it'll be on new album, i hear there will be another single out....and Tim said last year on radio 6 lots of things will come out-working on 4 things at once.....but as steve says...it may be sometime so patience is often required :D

snowman
Cardiacs Expert

Postby snowman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 14:09

i guess when you run your own show to the extent he does, you bow to no one's schedule but your own...

Batesy
"Dirty Boy Batesy"

Postby Batesy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 15:08

Once again, I nearly had a seizure when I saw this thread upped again. You need nerves of steel and the patience of a saint to follow this rabble - I hope you know what you're letting yourself in for... :D

brother abnego
"To log off and things"

Postby brother abnego » Wed Feb 20, 2008 15:22

Batesy wrote:Once again, I nearly had a seizure when I saw this thread upped again.

...heh, me too, *sigh*......there really ought to be a way to make the the boys' eyes flash on and off or on the forum banner or something, like in Thunderbirds, if there's actual release date information from the ABC... :lol:

...and welcome aboard, stinkhorn... :D

brother abnego
"To log off and things"

Postby brother abnego » Wed Feb 20, 2008 15:45

brother abnego wrote:make the the boys' eyes flash on and off or on the forum banner

...doh doh doh...just noticed the errors in my previous post, but as we still can't edit ourselves in the 'Cardiacs News' section I'll just have to leave the buggers where they are as a warning to others to always doublecheck before hitting 'submit'... :eeeek:

Chinners
Flower shop girl that sells tat

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 20, 2008 15:53

New Single news is imminent apparently (in the next week!!!)
I saw a cluster of DOGS

schlep
Cardiacsy

Postby schlep » Wed Feb 20, 2008 15:56

Well now we're talking!!

I like Bro Abnego's idea, the flashing eyes, maybe Jim's lips moving in silent stammering fashion.
Do you know what I mean to say
I meant to say to you today
A day goes by I try thats why
I try to speak to you today

snowman
Cardiacs Expert

Postby snowman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 16:08

*actually imminent* new single - wooty! hello peoples. i wonder how limited-edition it'll be? i saw them in hove in november, and a girl from org literally harassed me into buying a copy of 'ditzy scene' in the pub! i hope the new one arrives in my eager palm(?) just as easily...

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Wed Feb 20, 2008 16:41

Aaargh!! I thought today was THE day. No such luck.

whippersnapper
ABC graphic designer

Postby whippersnapper » Wed Feb 20, 2008 16:48

Chinners wrote:New Single news is imminent apparently (in the next week!!!)

And off course I trust your reliable source Chinners. Just because I want to BELIEVE!! We count on YOU! YOU know that don't YOU?

So it has to be NEXT WEEK! It MUST be. God, I wished imminent really meant next week (shipping time included) ;)